Marketplace Developer FAQ
What is the Marketplace refund policy?
- Costa Rica
- Czech Republic
- Dominican Republic
- El Salvador
- French Guiana
- Hong Kong
- New Zealand
- San Marino
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- South Korea
- United Arab Emirates
- United Kingdom
- United States
1. For Individual developers residing in the U.S., please provide us with Form W-9.
2. Foreign developers (individuals) should provide us with Form W-8BEN to document their foreign status.
3. Foreign developers (corporates) should provide us with Form W-8BEN-E to document their foreign status.
4. No additional tax forms are necessary for U.S.-based corporate developers to submit paid apps (outside of the legal/incorporation document requested during the initial registration process).
Please refer to the IRS website for details.
Note: To ensure full compatibility with PACL, paid apps should be developed to run on Liferay Portal 6.1 GA3 or later (6.1.2+ and/or 6.1.30+).
Although each foreign developer's situation is unique (and we recommend that you consult with your lawyer and/or accountant for specific advice), we anticipate that most Marketplace developers will fall into the "Active NFFE" classification in the W-8BEN-E.
For more information, please refer to the IRS Website.
You may see this error for 2 possible reasons:
- You've specified an invalid portal version in your liferay-plugin-package.properties file (eg., "6.9.10" - portal version doesn't exist, "6.1.X.Y" - unrecognized version format, etc.).
- Your app has PACL turned on and you've specified compatibility with a portal version of 6.1 GA2 or earlier. PACL is currently supported only for apps running under 6.1 GA3 (6.1.2+, 6.1.30+) and later. Please update the liferay-plugin-package.properties file to reflect these later versions.