Liferay Solr 4 Search Engine
- Liferay Portal 6.2 EE GA1+
- Enterprise Subscribers Only: Find out how to get a subscription.
This app provides integration with Apache Solr, the popular open source enterprise search platform from the Apache Lucene project. Its major features include powerful full-text search, hit highlighting, faceted search, dynamic clustering, database integration, rich document (e.g., Word, PDF) handling, and geospatial search. Solr is highly scalable, providing distributed search and index replication, and it powers the search and navigation features of many of the world's largest internet sites. On installing and enabling this app, Liferay Portal will communicate with a remotely deployed Solr server for indexing and searching.
This app uses Apache SOLR 4.3.1 libraries and is compatible with deployments using Solr 4.3.1 through Solr 4.10.2.
SOLR 4 2.1.1 requires the installation of Liferay Portal 6.2 EE Portal-124 fix pack or higher.
- LPS-52496 Searching for special (Lucene) characters causes "org.apache.solr.search.SyntaxError: Cannot parse..." in S...
- LPS-62126 Only with Solr - When organization name contains capitalized letters, search by name does not work
- LPS-67124 Search terms are analyzed twice in case of using Solr engine
- LPS-71304 Solr - No search results are found when a custom field's name contains a space