Liferay Connector to SAML 2.0
- Liferay DXP 7.2+
- Liferay DXP 7.0+
- Liferay DXP 7.1+ Fix Pack 3
- Liferay Portal 6.1 EE GA2
- Liferay Portal 6.1 EE GA2+
- Liferay Portal 6.2 EE GA1+
- Enterprise Subscribers Only: Find out how to get a subscription.
Security Assertion Markup Language 2.0 (SAML 2.0) is a version of the SAML OASIS standard for exchanging authentication and authorization data between security domains. SAML 2.0 is an XML-based protocol that uses security tokens containing assertions to pass information about a principal (usually an end-user) between an identity provider and a web service. SAML 2.0 enables web-based authentication and authorization scenarios including single sign-on (SSO). This app enables Liferay to act as a SAML 2.0 Identity Provider (IdP) or Service Provider (SP). It is built on top of OpenSAML and uses the Java Keystore for providing certificates/credentials for security. Once this app is installed, additional configuration is required to adapt the app with your local SAML environment and configuration. Visit the Documentation link to learn more about SAML and its configuration options.
Supported SAML Providers: PingFederate, ADFS, Shibboleth, Siteminder and OpenAM.
Fix Pack Requirements:
- Liferay Connector to SAML 2.0 2.1.3 requires the installation of the Liferay Portal 6.2 EE Portal-154 Fix Pack or higher.
- Liferay Connector to SAML 2.0 3.1.1+ requires the installation of the Liferay Digital Enterprise 7.0 Fix Pack 45 or higher.
- Liferay Connector to SAML 2.0 4.0.0+ requires the installation of the Liferay DXP 7.1 Fix Pack 3 or higher
- LPS-84119 SourceFormatter improvements
- LPS-88218 Commonly used JSON methods
- LPS-90460 User is no longer able to access the SAML SP after changing the SAML metadata refresh interval
- LPS-90465 User info doesn't update on the SAML Service Provider after changing it on the Identity Provider
- LPS-94445 SAML SLO fails when LDAP is enabled and throws NullPointerException
- LPS-95067 Deprecate ServiceTrackerFactory.open(Class<?>) since it leaks ServiceTrackers
- LPS-95317 SAML session expiration causes IdP portal session to expire
- LPS-95413 Remove lib/development/biz.aQute.bnd.jar
- LPS-95555 Unify osgi.core versions in build.gradle files
- LPS-96018 Optimize Proxy creation