Liferay Connector to SAML 2.0
- Liferay DXP 7.1+ Fix Pack 3
- Liferay DXP 7.0+
- Liferay Portal 6.1 EE GA2
- Liferay Portal 6.1 EE GA2+
- Liferay Portal 6.2 EE GA1+
- Enterprise Subscribers Only: Find out how to get a subscription.
Security Assertion Markup Language 2.0 (SAML 2.0) is a version of the SAML OASIS standard for exchanging authentication and authorization data between security domains. SAML 2.0 is an XML-based protocol that uses security tokens containing assertions to pass information about a principal (usually an end-user) between an identity provider and a web service. SAML 2.0 enables web-based authentication and authorization scenarios including single sign-on (SSO). This app enables Liferay to act as a SAML 2.0 Identity Provider (IdP) or Service Provider (SP). It is built on top of OpenSAML and uses the Java Keystore for providing certificates/credentials for security. Once this app is installed, additional configuration is required to adapt the app with your local SAML environment and configuration. Visit the Documentation link to learn more about SAML and its configuration options.
Supported SAML Providers: PingFederate, ADFS, Shibboleth, Siteminder, Oracle Access Manager, and OpenAM.
Liferay Connector to SAML 2.0 2.1.3 requires the installation of the Liferay Portal 6.2 EE Portal-154 Fix Pack or higher.
Liferay Connector to SAML 2.0 3.1.0 requires the installation of the Liferay Digital Enterprise 7.0 Fix Pack 32 or higher.
Please also visit https://customer.liferay.com/documentation/knowledge-base/-/kb/2329814 for more information about some important changes introduced with this version.
Liferay Connector to SAML 2.0 3.1.1 requires the installation of the Liferay Digital Enterprise 7.0 Fix Pack 45 or higher.
Important Change: The name of this app was recently changed. Please visit https://customer.liferay.com/documentation/knowledge-base/-/kb/2951285 for further information about the installation procedure.
- LPS-74544 SourceFormatter improvements
- LPS-74900 Authenticate Certificate button is shown when keystore password is invalid
- LPS-78938 Apply Petra-String StringBundler to codebase
- LPS-79679 SourceFormatter improvements
- LPS-83403 Unable to relogin after setting SAML IdP and SP
- LPS-84119 SourceFormatter improvements
- LPS-84540 Missing NameID format causes NullPointerException
- LPS-85296 Clean up @Component annotation
- LPS-85657 SAML Login with multiple sites and virtual hosts not working correctly
- LPS-86072 Stop using Struts' plugin support
- LPS-86408 Set default Java version to 1.8 for OSGi projects