留言板

Liferay7 portal class

Ravi Shankar,修改在7 年前。

Liferay7 portal class

Junior Member 帖子: 40 加入日期: 16-7-13 最近的帖子
Hi All
i am working with liferay 7 so i am facing one problem, According to my requirement , i want override of liferay given portal class i mean i want override of RolesAdminPortlet.java which are available in portal/module/apps/foundations/roles/roles-admin-web/ src/main/java/com/liferay/roles/admin/web/portlet/RolesAdminPortlet.

so what should be right procedure for that please help me.
thumbnail
David H Nebinger,修改在7 年前。

RE: Liferay7 portal class

Liferay Legend 帖子: 14919 加入日期: 06-9-2 最近的帖子
There is no procedure, you cannot override that class.

Your only option is to create your own portlet module with a copy of all of the code plus your modification.

Come meet me at the LSNA!
Ravi Shankar,修改在7 年前。

Hi David
First i want to say thanks for my Replaying .
According to your suggestion i created a new portlet module and i copied RoleAdminPortlet class in that module then i modified RoleAdminPortlet class according to our requirement but in RoleAdminPortlet class having so many liferay given imports and coz of that i am getting issues. even if i paste whole Role-Admin-web module code in my newly created module then also i am getting import file issues so how they will take import please help me.
thumbnail

Yep, that's a problem that you'll have to resolve. The dependencies have to be satisfied for the code to compile and the module to deploy.

Are you working with Thirumal? Are you guys trying to solve your real problem the wrong way? One might think that the way to solve something is to just hack at the portal class in order to inject code you think you need, but Liferay offers so many points to inject code that perhaps what you are trying to do might be totally unnecessary.

Ravi Shankar,修改在7 年前。

Hi David,
Ya you are right, i am working with Thirumal, Actually last couple of day's we are trying to do override of liferay given portal class but still we didn't get success, According to our Requirement it is very important so Regarding that i searched in Liferay devloper network but we didn't get process so plz give me working example.
thumbnail

There is no working example of what you guys are going after.

What is the actual requirement? If you can provide those details, we can probably give you the right answer to the solution.