Welcome to Radio Liferay, a peek into what is going on in Liferay from the people doing it themselves.
Radio Liferay Episode 59: Testing @ Liferay with Kristoffer Onias and Victor Ware
Yay, another episode, and maybe in time to sweeten your trip to Devcon in Amsterdam. I spoke to Kristoffer Onias and Victor Ware. Both work on testing Liferay with different areas of interest. You'll hear quite a bit about what Liferay does internally on testing.
I actually talked to them quite a while ago, and the episode has been sitting on my disk since then.The numbers that you hear may no longer be accurate, but the overall information definitely is. Sorry for keeping it a secret for so long (there's an even longer kept secret... up next...)
- Different levels of Tests:
- Integration Tests
- Functional Tests
- How SPA influenced frontend testing
- Selenium, Selenium IDE, Web Driver, Capybara, Docker, and Jenkins
- How pull requests are tested before they reach their addressee
- The scale of Liferay's testing infrastructure
- KC's (at the time) still unnamed project. Watch out for him at the North American Symposium for updates to this. Oh, and: By now his project actually has a name: Testray
- Maintenance of large test sets - UI locators etc.
- SevenCogs and its resurrection
- How to scale testing infrastructure for potentially a lot more servers and environments
- The Test Pyramid
- A wild idea: Livestream of test runs
- Liferay's Testing Whitepaper and a Testing Webinar
- 50 shades of red and its part 2
You'll find this episode - and make sure that you don't miss any of the future episodes - by subscribing to http://feeds.feedburner.com/RadioLiferay. You can also subscribe on itunes.: Just search for "Radio Liferay" or just "Liferay" in the podcast directory. Make sure to write a review for the podcast directory of your choice - or find everything about Radio Liferay on radioliferay.com.
Or just download the MP3 here
Radio Liferay Episode 55: James Falkner about change
In this episode I'm talking probably one last time to James Falkner about upcoming changes... James was the first guest on Radio Liferay (back in episode 1 - as well as others) and now - at least temporarily until episode 56 is published - will be the last. We're talking about upcoming changes, and sadly it looks like this will be his last appearance on this program.
If you know what the background of this story is already, you'll understand that I think full shownotes for this episode are not really appropriate. However, here are a few references if you want to follow up on some of the details:
- The reason why we talk
- Community Tummler
- git manpage generator
- Community Security Team
- Events App (iOS, Android)
- Community Expedition
- Vanilla JS
- Climate of Antarctica
- Do you want to see him while he tells you that it's true?
Stay tuned for further updates on what changes in community relations. And join me to say "Good bye James, all the best"
You'll find this episode - and make sure that you don't miss any of the future episodes - by subscribing to http://feeds.feedburner.com/RadioLiferay. You can also subscribe on itunes.: Just search for "Radio Liferay" or just "Liferay" in the podcast directory. Make sure to write a review for the podcast directory of your choice - or find everything about Radio Liferay on liferay.com/radio.
Or just download the MP3 here