Welcome to Radio Liferay, a peek into what is going on in Liferay from the people doing it themselves.
Radio Liferay Episode 58: Jorge Ferrer continued
Two episodes (or an eternity) ago, I spoke to Jorge Ferrer, Liferay's VP of Engineering. We didn't have enough time to finish the conversation, so we continued a while after - and then I buried the recording /o\. Anyway, apart from it being still from "before the release of the current version", it's still relevant stuff, I feel bad about missing to post it. Check for yourself - here it finally is.
We're talking about these (and more) topics
- Microservices vs Monoliths
- Buzzword or breeze of fresh air?
- DHH The Majestic Monolith
- Approach this technology option like any other
- If you can't build a monolith, you are probably getting an even bigger mess if you approach microservices
- Milen's presentation: Microservices and Modularity or the difference between treatment and cure (or on youtube)
- Shortly before the release many modules were moved around and renamed. We talk about the reasons and what this meant for the translations
- What's the meaning of "Feature-Complete"?
- A lot of Feedback starts to come in during the Beta Cycle
- Nitpicking on the Beta Criteria: JBoss and Upgrade Routines
- Lookahead on the next episode on Performance Tuning
- Releaseplans (of course, I could have retrofitted an exact release date...)
- What's it like to be hired into Liferay Engineering?
- office envy
- shared spaces, decoration, own desks, separate working environments, inspiration, agora
- Is it forbidden to write Javadoc?
You'll find this episode - and make sure that you don't miss any of the future episodes - by subscribing to http://feeds.feedburner.com/RadioLiferay. You can also subscribe on itunes.: Just search for "Radio Liferay" or just "Liferay" in the podcast directory. Make sure to write a review for the podcast directory of your choice - or find everything about Radio Liferay on radioliferay.com.
Or just download the MP3 here
Radio Liferay Episode 55: James Falkner about change
In this episode I'm talking probably one last time to James Falkner about upcoming changes... James was the first guest on Radio Liferay (back in episode 1 - as well as others) and now - at least temporarily until episode 56 is published - will be the last. We're talking about upcoming changes, and sadly it looks like this will be his last appearance on this program.
If you know what the background of this story is already, you'll understand that I think full shownotes for this episode are not really appropriate. However, here are a few references if you want to follow up on some of the details:
- The reason why we talk
- Community Tummler
- git manpage generator
- Community Security Team
- Events App (iOS, Android)
- Community Expedition
- Vanilla JS
- Climate of Antarctica
- Do you want to see him while he tells you that it's true?
Stay tuned for further updates on what changes in community relations. And join me to say "Good bye James, all the best"
You'll find this episode - and make sure that you don't miss any of the future episodes - by subscribing to http://feeds.feedburner.com/RadioLiferay. You can also subscribe on itunes.: Just search for "Radio Liferay" or just "Liferay" in the podcast directory. Make sure to write a review for the podcast directory of your choice - or find everything about Radio Liferay on liferay.com/radio.
Or just download the MP3 here