Welcome to Radio Liferay, a peek into what is going on in Liferay from the people doing it themselves.
Radio Liferay Episode 59: Testing @ Liferay with Kristoffer Onias and Victor Ware
Yay, another episode, and maybe in time to sweeten your trip to Devcon in Amsterdam. I spoke to Kristoffer Onias and Victor Ware. Both work on testing Liferay with different areas of interest. You'll hear quite a bit about what Liferay does internally on testing.
I actually talked to them quite a while ago, and the episode has been sitting on my disk since then.The numbers that you hear may no longer be accurate, but the overall information definitely is. Sorry for keeping it a secret for so long (there's an even longer kept secret... up next...)
- Different levels of Tests:
- Integration Tests
- Functional Tests
- How SPA influenced frontend testing
- Selenium, Selenium IDE, Web Driver, Capybara, Docker, and Jenkins
- How pull requests are tested before they reach their addressee
- The scale of Liferay's testing infrastructure
- KC's (at the time) still unnamed project. Watch out for him at the North American Symposium for updates to this. Oh, and: By now his project actually has a name: Testray
- Maintenance of large test sets - UI locators etc.
- SevenCogs and its resurrection
- How to scale testing infrastructure for potentially a lot more servers and environments
- The Test Pyramid
- A wild idea: Livestream of test runs
- Liferay's Testing Whitepaper and a Testing Webinar
- 50 shades of red and its part 2
You'll find this episode - and make sure that you don't miss any of the future episodes - by subscribing to http://feeds.feedburner.com/RadioLiferay. You can also subscribe on itunes.: Just search for "Radio Liferay" or just "Liferay" in the podcast directory. Make sure to write a review for the podcast directory of your choice - or find everything about Radio Liferay on radioliferay.com.
Or just download the MP3 here
Radio Liferay Episode 46: Thomas Schweiger on Coffee
The nerdiest topic so far: I'm speaking to Thomas Schweiger, german national barista champion 2010-2012. He was sponsored by our german partner Prodyna to prepare coffee during this years Devcon and Portal Solutions Forum Germany.
- What do you need to do to become Barista Champion?
- Can you describe upfront what your coffee will taste like when you prepare it?
- Importing coffee, roasting, drying, grinding and preparing
- Latte Art (learn it by just listening to this episode):
- Foam the milk to be a homogenous liquid - stop adding air at 30°C, then roll around the foam to get microbubbles. The really hard stuff is to determine when to drop the milk under the coffee's crema and start drawing images with the foam on top.
- Find Latte Art tutorials on Youtube (or find out what it actually is and what pictures people actually do)
- Shoutout to Wolfram Sorg, from Prodyna Sales, who is teaming up with Thomas
- Did you know you can be a coffee consultant? Thomas is. He's consulting on coffee farms, cafés and barista training.
You'll find this episode - and make sure that you don't miss any of the future episodes - by subscribing to http://feeds.feedburner.com/RadioLiferay. You can also subscribe on itunes.: Just search for "Radio Liferay" or just "Liferay" in the podcast directory. If you like this, make sure to write a review for the podcast directory of your choice - or leave your feedback on www.liferay.com/radio.
Or just download the MP3 here: