Welcome to Radio Liferay, a peek into what is going on in Liferay from the people doing it themselves.
Radio Liferay Episode 59: Testing @ Liferay with Kristoffer Onias and Victor Ware
Yay, another episode, and maybe in time to sweeten your trip to Devcon in Amsterdam. I spoke to Kristoffer Onias and Victor Ware. Both work on testing Liferay with different areas of interest. You'll hear quite a bit about what Liferay does internally on testing.
I actually talked to them quite a while ago, and the episode has been sitting on my disk since then.The numbers that you hear may no longer be accurate, but the overall information definitely is. Sorry for keeping it a secret for so long (there's an even longer kept secret... up next...)
- Different levels of Tests:
- Integration Tests
- Functional Tests
- How SPA influenced frontend testing
- Selenium, Selenium IDE, Web Driver, Capybara, Docker, and Jenkins
- How pull requests are tested before they reach their addressee
- The scale of Liferay's testing infrastructure
- KC's (at the time) still unnamed project. Watch out for him at the North American Symposium for updates to this. Oh, and: By now his project actually has a name: Testray
- Maintenance of large test sets - UI locators etc.
- SevenCogs and its resurrection
- How to scale testing infrastructure for potentially a lot more servers and environments
- The Test Pyramid
- A wild idea: Livestream of test runs
- Liferay's Testing Whitepaper and a Testing Webinar
- 50 shades of red and its part 2
You'll find this episode - and make sure that you don't miss any of the future episodes - by subscribing to http://feeds.feedburner.com/RadioLiferay. You can also subscribe on itunes.: Just search for "Radio Liferay" or just "Liferay" in the podcast directory. Make sure to write a review for the podcast directory of your choice - or find everything about Radio Liferay on radioliferay.com.
Or just download the MP3 here
Radio Liferay Episode 45: Bryan Ho on Design and Ray
I had a short meeting with Bryan Ho, Lead Graphic Designer at Liferay - With that role it's obvious that we're bridging the audio/visual gap again: A very visual topic in an audio only podcast. But if you're not driving while you listen to this podcast, you can click the links from the shownotes and browse through the archives.
Apart from being the creator of the Radio Liferay Logo, Bryan is the creator of "Ray's intergalactiv adventures". You can check out this series at https://www.liferay.com/ray.
- The history of Ray: He is an "old" mascot, has been around on the very old website
- Bryan started to get involved with Ray for a T-Shirt contest in 2010 and continued to draw him
- How Ray's intergalactic adventures were started (Shoutouts to Paul Hinz and Martin Yan)
- At Devcon Bryan created a lot of variations on Ray "on demand". You can find several of them on the flickr stream from that event.
- Luckily, Bryan keeps Ray around, for example on community T-Shirts, even though the cartoon series is currently on hyades.
- And other things that the design team works on (Website, Events, improve overall visual appearance)
Here's Ray listening to Radio Liferay:
You'll find this episode - and make sure that you don't miss any of the future episodes - by subscribing to http://feeds.feedburner.com/RadioLiferay. You can also subscribe on itunes.: Just search for "Radio Liferay" or just "Liferay" in the podcast directory. If you like this, make sure to write a review for the podcast directory of your choice - or leave your feedback on www.liferay.com/radio.
Or just download the MP3 here: