Welcome to Radio Liferay, a peek into what is going on in Liferay from the people doing it themselves.
Radio Liferay Episode 58: Jorge Ferrer continued
Two episodes (or an eternity) ago, I spoke to Jorge Ferrer, Liferay's VP of Engineering. We didn't have enough time to finish the conversation, so we continued a while after - and then I buried the recording /o\. Anyway, apart from it being still from "before the release of the current version", it's still relevant stuff, I feel bad about missing to post it. Check for yourself - here it finally is.
We're talking about these (and more) topics
- Microservices vs Monoliths
- Buzzword or breeze of fresh air?
- DHH The Majestic Monolith
- Approach this technology option like any other
- If you can't build a monolith, you are probably getting an even bigger mess if you approach microservices
- Milen's presentation: Microservices and Modularity or the difference between treatment and cure (or on youtube)
- Shortly before the release many modules were moved around and renamed. We talk about the reasons and what this meant for the translations
- What's the meaning of "Feature-Complete"?
- A lot of Feedback starts to come in during the Beta Cycle
- Nitpicking on the Beta Criteria: JBoss and Upgrade Routines
- Lookahead on the next episode on Performance Tuning
- Releaseplans (of course, I could have retrofitted an exact release date...)
- What's it like to be hired into Liferay Engineering?
- office envy
- shared spaces, decoration, own desks, separate working environments, inspiration, agora
- Is it forbidden to write Javadoc?
You'll find this episode - and make sure that you don't miss any of the future episodes - by subscribing to http://feeds.feedburner.com/RadioLiferay. You can also subscribe on itunes.: Just search for "Radio Liferay" or just "Liferay" in the podcast directory. Make sure to write a review for the podcast directory of your choice - or find everything about Radio Liferay on radioliferay.com.
Or just download the MP3 here
Radio Liferay Episode 44: Stian Sigvartsen on Social Apps Proxy
This is my conversation with Stian Sigvartsen, winner of the Marketplace App contest with his Social Apps Proxy (Link) and well known member of the UK Liferay usergroup, working in Devon and quite a lot with Liferay. Our paths cross quite often, but we finally found some time to talk about Stian's award winning app which basically takes all the boring stuff out of OAuth integrations into Liferay
- Social Apps Proxy enables you to integrate content from other social networks into your portal.
- It's working through OAuth, basically taking over all of the dirty work of authentication, leaving the actual integration works for the implementor
- Stian's sample app on github (Link): Getting twitter mentions with 10 lines of code
- What problem does OAuth solve? Comparing OAuth with a Valet Key.
- Linking Liferay's identity to twitter's (in this sample)
- How the social apps proxy works: An application just uses it as HTTP proxy, does not care about identity and is happy to get the identity automagically taken care of
- Social Apps Proxy on Marketplace
- Supported Versions of Liferay 6.1 to 6.2 and OAuth 1.0a to 2 to be extended
- All Code is to be open sourced soon, contributors are welcome.
You'll find this episode - and make sure that you don't miss any of the future episodes - by subscribing to http://feeds.feedburner.com/RadioLiferay. You can also subscribe on itunes.: Just search for "Radio Liferay" or just "Liferay" in the podcast directory. If you like this, make sure to write a review for the podcast directory of your choice - or leave your feedback on www.liferay.com/radio.
Or just download the MP3 here: