Welcome to Radio Liferay, a peek into what is going on in Liferay from the people doing it themselves.
Radio Liferay Episode 59: Testing @ Liferay with Kristoffer Onias and Victor Ware
Yay, another episode, and maybe in time to sweeten your trip to Devcon in Amsterdam. I spoke to Kristoffer Onias and Victor Ware. Both work on testing Liferay with different areas of interest. You'll hear quite a bit about what Liferay does internally on testing.
I actually talked to them quite a while ago, and the episode has been sitting on my disk since then.The numbers that you hear may no longer be accurate, but the overall information definitely is. Sorry for keeping it a secret for so long (there's an even longer kept secret... up next...)
- Different levels of Tests:
- Integration Tests
- Functional Tests
- How SPA influenced frontend testing
- Selenium, Selenium IDE, Web Driver, Capybara, Docker, and Jenkins
- How pull requests are tested before they reach their addressee
- The scale of Liferay's testing infrastructure
- KC's (at the time) still unnamed project. Watch out for him at the North American Symposium for updates to this. Oh, and: By now his project actually has a name: Testray
- Maintenance of large test sets - UI locators etc.
- SevenCogs and its resurrection
- How to scale testing infrastructure for potentially a lot more servers and environments
- The Test Pyramid
- A wild idea: Livestream of test runs
- Liferay's Testing Whitepaper and a Testing Webinar
- 50 shades of red and its part 2
You'll find this episode - and make sure that you don't miss any of the future episodes - by subscribing to http://feeds.feedburner.com/RadioLiferay. You can also subscribe on itunes.: Just search for "Radio Liferay" or just "Liferay" in the podcast directory. Make sure to write a review for the podcast directory of your choice - or find everything about Radio Liferay on radioliferay.com.
Or just download the MP3 here
Radio Liferay Episode 44: Stian Sigvartsen on Social Apps Proxy
This is my conversation with Stian Sigvartsen, winner of the Marketplace App contest with his Social Apps Proxy (Link) and well known member of the UK Liferay usergroup, working in Devon and quite a lot with Liferay. Our paths cross quite often, but we finally found some time to talk about Stian's award winning app which basically takes all the boring stuff out of OAuth integrations into Liferay
- Social Apps Proxy enables you to integrate content from other social networks into your portal.
- It's working through OAuth, basically taking over all of the dirty work of authentication, leaving the actual integration works for the implementor
- Stian's sample app on github (Link): Getting twitter mentions with 10 lines of code
- What problem does OAuth solve? Comparing OAuth with a Valet Key.
- Linking Liferay's identity to twitter's (in this sample)
- How the social apps proxy works: An application just uses it as HTTP proxy, does not care about identity and is happy to get the identity automagically taken care of
- Social Apps Proxy on Marketplace
- Supported Versions of Liferay 6.1 to 6.2 and OAuth 1.0a to 2 to be extended
- All Code is to be open sourced soon, contributors are welcome.
You'll find this episode - and make sure that you don't miss any of the future episodes - by subscribing to http://feeds.feedburner.com/RadioLiferay. You can also subscribe on itunes.: Just search for "Radio Liferay" or just "Liferay" in the podcast directory. If you like this, make sure to write a review for the podcast directory of your choice - or leave your feedback on www.liferay.com/radio.
Or just download the MP3 here: