Welcome to Radio Liferay, a peek into what is going on in Liferay from the people doing it themselves.
Radio Liferay Episode 58: Jorge Ferrer continued
Two episodes (or an eternity) ago, I spoke to Jorge Ferrer, Liferay's VP of Engineering. We didn't have enough time to finish the conversation, so we continued a while after - and then I buried the recording /o\. Anyway, apart from it being still from "before the release of the current version", it's still relevant stuff, I feel bad about missing to post it. Check for yourself - here it finally is.
We're talking about these (and more) topics
- Microservices vs Monoliths
- Buzzword or breeze of fresh air?
- DHH The Majestic Monolith
- Approach this technology option like any other
- If you can't build a monolith, you are probably getting an even bigger mess if you approach microservices
- Milen's presentation: Microservices and Modularity or the difference between treatment and cure (or on youtube)
- Shortly before the release many modules were moved around and renamed. We talk about the reasons and what this meant for the translations
- What's the meaning of "Feature-Complete"?
- A lot of Feedback starts to come in during the Beta Cycle
- Nitpicking on the Beta Criteria: JBoss and Upgrade Routines
- Lookahead on the next episode on Performance Tuning
- Releaseplans (of course, I could have retrofitted an exact release date...)
- What's it like to be hired into Liferay Engineering?
- office envy
- shared spaces, decoration, own desks, separate working environments, inspiration, agora
- Is it forbidden to write Javadoc?
You'll find this episode - and make sure that you don't miss any of the future episodes - by subscribing to http://feeds.feedburner.com/RadioLiferay. You can also subscribe on itunes.: Just search for "Radio Liferay" or just "Liferay" in the podcast directory. Make sure to write a review for the podcast directory of your choice - or find everything about Radio Liferay on radioliferay.com.
Or just download the MP3 here
Radio Liferay Episode 40: Our Upcoming Events. Hack 'em!
Radio Liferay is back with a repeat guest, James Falkner, Liferay's Community Manager. Like last year, symposium season is about to start (even though we already had some events earlier this year...). And there's something new, for the nerds and software craftsmen among you.
- The upcoming events, how to tell them apart and the target audience. In short: LPSF (Liferay Portal Solutions Forum) is targetted to business users, DevCon is targetted to Developers and technically interested people. Symposium has tracks for both groups.
- You'll find almost all of the upcoming events on Liferay's Events overview - filter for "Conferences". As of publication of this episode, the first brazil symposium is not yet on that list.
- Check if the event you want to go to still has an open Call For Paper. Some are still open the day that this episode is released.
- Final reminder: Unconference seats will be limited. Register early to make sure you get your seat.
- This year, we're going to provide access to the (anonymous) data that backs the events, and hope that you'll create an awesome mashup with this data. Refer to James' blog article "DIY: Liferay Events Hacks: Part 1" for details of the API and let us know if you need more help
- iBeacons and what to do with them at events. (Watch out for a part 2 of James' blog article)
- ...and other topics - but listen yourself... if you listen close enough, you might even hear a secret
Again, shoutout and big thank you to Auphonic for postproduction help. This is a fantastic service!
You'll find this episode - and make sure that you don't miss any of the future episodes - by subscribing to http://feeds.feedburner.com/RadioLiferay. You can also subscribe on itunes.: Just search for "Radio Liferay" or just "Liferay" in the podcast directory. If you like this, make sure to write a review for the podcast directory of your choice - or leave your feedback on www.liferay.com/radio.
Or just download the MP3 here: