Fórum

New Index Checker admin tool (beta)

thumbnail
Jorge Díaz, modificado 7 Anos atrás.

New Index Checker admin tool (beta)

Liferay Master Postagens: 753 Data de Entrada: 09/01/14 Postagens Recentes
Hi all,

I have created a new index admin tool: Index Checker for Liferay 6.2 and 6.1 GA3, you can download it from marketplace:
The aim of this portlet is to detected index problems and fix them without executing a full portal reindex.

How it works?

It queries data from both database and index, and matches it, displaying:
- missing objects
- outdated ones
- orphan data in index.
(only primary keys are displayed)

In order to match the data, this portlet compares primary keys, modified dates, status and version attributes of both database and index.

Queries are executing using hibernate dynamic queries and Liferay search API, so the portlet should work fine with any database and any search engine (lucene, solr and third party implementations)

Known limitations:

Important: This application is in beta status, so some false positives can be displayed or some errors can be ignored

Current 0.2 beta version has the following limitations:
  • Only modified date, status and version are compared in order to find outdated objects, other data (i.e: permission and category/tags) are not compared
  • Only tomcat 7 was fully tested.
  • There are some known issues with Tomcat 6
  • Sharding was not tested and probably it doesn't work.

Help is welcomed:

I need some help with testing the portlet using real data. Please execute it in your own Liferay installation and send me feedback about false positives or not detected inconsistencies.

I also need some feedback about executing this portlet in other application servers (JBoss, Wildfly, Websphere, Weblogic...)

In case of any error, please report your issues in https://github.com/jorgediaz-lr/index-checker/issues or post a comment in this forum.

Regards,
Jorge Díaz
thumbnail

New version beta 3 of Index Checker admin tool (beta)

Hi all,

I have published new version beta 3 of my index admin tool: Index Checker, you can download it from marketplace:
The aim of this portlet is to detected index problems, verify and fix them without executing a full portal reindex.

Version changes:
  • Thread number now is configurable in interface
  • Fixed issue with Tomcat 6.0
  • Compare categories and tags between database and index
  • Reduce log output, changed most of traces to debug level
  • Fixed minor issues when retrieving models in servicebuilder-reflection-shared.jar

Known limitations:

Important: This application is in beta status, so some false positives can be displayed or some errors can be ignored

Current 0.3 beta version has the following limitations:
  • Permission data is not compared
  • Only tomcat was fully tested.
  • Sharding: Some minor issues can be detected when using sharding.

Help is welcomed:

I need some help with testing the portlet using real data. Please execute it in your own Liferay installation and send me feedback about false positives or not detected inconsistencies.

In case of any error, please report your issues in https://github.com/jorgediaz-lr/index-checker/issues or post a comment in this forum.

Regards,
Jorge Díaz
thumbnail

New version beta 4 of Index Checker admin tool (beta)

Hi all,

I have published new version beta 4 of my index admin tool: Index Checker, you can download it from marketplace:
The aim of this portlet is to detected index problems, verify and fix them without executing a full portal reindex.

Version changes:
  • Compare permissions info between database and index
  • Refactor: new *ModelQuery classes, separated from Model code
  • Other minor improvements

Known limitations:

Important: This application is in beta status, so some false positives can be displayed or some errors can be ignored. Out of memory errors can be also produced by this portlet

Current 0.4 beta version has the following limitations:
  • Only tomcat was fully tested.
  • Out of memory issues can be detected when installing this portlet.
  • Sharding: Some minor issues can be detected when using sharding.

Help is welcomed:

You can also reach me at twitter: @JorgeDiazLr

Regards,
Jorge Díaz