Liferay Portal EE Trial Forums

Got an EE Trial and have a question? Use this forum to get help with your Liferay EE Trial and learn from the experts.

Combination View Flat View Tree View
Threads [ Previous | Next ]
toggle
Gangi Nandyala
What parts of the Liferay Page will be cached (OOTB)
January 5, 2013 8:06 PM
Answer

Gangi Nandyala

Recent Posts

Hi Team,
I just started using Liferay, I found that we can use EhCache for caching in Liferay.
I wanted to know more details about this caching, especially related to Liferay page.
Lets say i have enabled EhCache, what will be stored in EhCahce?
I mean it's entire page(HTML) will be cached?
or
portlets HTML will be cached or how it wors? is there any doc which talks about what parts of the page will be cached?

I just wanted to understand what happens if user permissions changed in case of caching?
When admin changes to permissions to group is ther any impact on the caching ? i hope there wont be any.
James Falkner
RE: What parts of the Liferay Page will be cached (OOTB)
January 15, 2013 7:31 AM
Answer

James Falkner

Recent Posts

Gangi Nandyala:
Hi Team,
I just started using Liferay, I found that we can use EhCache for caching in Liferay.
I wanted to know more details about this caching, especially related to Liferay page.
Lets say i have enabled EhCache, what will be stored in EhCahce?
I mean it's entire page(HTML) will be cached?
or
portlets HTML will be cached or how it wors? is there any doc which talks about what parts of the page will be cached?

I just wanted to understand what happens if user permissions changed in case of caching?
When admin changes to permissions to group is ther any impact on the caching ? i hope there wont be any.

There are many different caching technologies being used in Liferay, to cache various objects that are expensive to retrieve, and EhCache is just one of those technologies. You can read more about it here and here, but all levels of caching are aware of potential changes and will not serve "stale" content that may have recently changed permissions.