User Export Import Plugin
This plugin provides an option to export and import users across different Liferay portals.
This works on core Liferay lar (Liferay Archive) concept.
In Liferay currently we can export import individual sites data but not users (liferay provides out of box csv export of users but in general this seems not enough) and this is many times a requirement in various project phases to copy the existing users from one env to other (for example test to acceptance or acceptance to production etc).
Using this plugin, you will simply get the powerful feature to do this export import of users across different Liferay portals. This plugin provides you easy to use and easy to understand GUI with powerful features to attain this functionality.
Similar to Liferay Sites data export import features, this plugin maintains the duplicate/existing users based on email, screenname and the uuid. So if you have the same users already existing, it will just override the data and will not create duplicate.
- User export import across different liferay portals/instances
- For exporting users can be filtered on the basis of organizations, roles, site members, user groups
- Apart from general data of user, its custom fields, roles, categories, tags, user group associations, organization associations, site associations can be exported
- Based on standard Liferay Archive feature (LAR)
- During import, welcome email sending to newly created users can be switched on or off
- During import it can be configured to either only import associations of categories, tags, custom fields, roles or also create the same if does not exist in the portal where importing
- Using liferay out of box BackgroundTask for export import
- Provides summary of previous exports and imports like other Liferay export-import sections.
How to use?
- Select filters: what users you want to Export like all users or specific users associated with any Organizations, Sites, Roles or User groups.
- Choose: what content of users should be exported like users custom fields, categories, tags, roles, user group associations, organization associations, site associations (organizations, sites and user groups are only associated and not created on the portal where importing).
- Click ‘Export’ button.
It redirect to current and previous tab where user can see status of export process and download lar file having users and their contents according to selections made during export process. This file can be used in import process on other liferay portal or instance.
- Identify lar file which contains users and related contents (Lar file should be created by using Export process of this plugin).
- Drop the lar file in upload box.
- Chose all associations and creation check-boxes as per requirements.
- Choose password strategy for newly imported users (set exported password or generate new)
- Click ‘Import’ button.
It will create new portal Users and update existing portal Users with new values and associations.
- Improved feature for setting password of newly imported users (you may now choose among setting exported password or generate new and send welcome email)
- User "status" field is now also supported during export import