Liferay Connector to Solr 8
- Liferay DXP 7.2 GA1+ Fix Pack 12
- Liferay DXP 7.1 GA1+
- Liferay DXP 7.3 GA1+ Fix Pack 1
- Final Version: No new versions will be available for this app. Support for this app will end at the EOSL date.
- Security Enabled: This app uses Liferay's PACL Security Manager.
This app integrates Liferay DXP with Apache Solr 8, the popular open source enterprise search platform from the Apache Lucene project. Solr includes powerful full-text search, hit highlighting, faceted search, dynamic clustering, database integration, rich document (e.g., Word, PDF) handling, and geospatial search. Solr is highly scalable, providing distributed search and index replication, and it powers the search and navigation features of many of the world's largest internet sites. The installation of this app requires specific configurations listed in the Official Documentation. On installing,enabling, and configuring this app, Liferay DXP communicates with a remotely deployed Solr 8 server for indexing and searching.
For detailed compatibility information including the compatible Solr 8 minor versions and required patch levels, see the Search Engine Compatibility Matrix:
- LPS-102232 DLFileEntryFileNameSearchTest.testExtensionAloneSubstringMatchesExtensionAndPathFields() Fails with Solr
- LPS-107394 AssertionError in JournalArticleIndexVersionsTests with Solr
- LPS-116812 SearchCTTest comparison failure with Solr
- LPS-119129 Create portal-search-solr8 app with preserved Git history
- LPS-119141 portal-search-solr8-impl: local unit test report
- LPS-77699 Update Translations