掲示板

Install Liferay 6.* on Eclipse Che?

7年前 に Lucy Iannotti によって更新されました。

Install Liferay 6.* on Eclipse Che?

Junior Member 投稿: 50 参加年月日: 16/09/21 最新の投稿
Hello,

I'm new to Liferay and new to Eclipse Che. Hoping to be able to use Eclipse Che, installed on Codenvy, for Liferay development, but can't figure out how to install a Liferay project. Have tried using the git repository liferay-portal 6.2.x. both as a source for a new workspace, and as the source for a project within a workspace. Neither worked. I'm sure I'm missing something.

All the tuts I can find describe the process for installing on Eclipse desktop client and are not helpful in this case. So I have two questions:
Is it possible?
And if so is there a tutorial somewhere?

Thanks.
thumbnail
7年前 に David H Nebinger によって更新されました。

RE: Install Liferay 6.* on Eclipse Che?

Liferay Legend 投稿: 14919 参加年月日: 06/09/02 最新の投稿
No idea, but the Liferay IDE (that knows all about liferay projects, deployments, etc) would need to be loaded. Can you upload plugins to che?

Also, the best part of the IDE is the ability to deploy to a tomcat instance and debug against a tomcat instance. Don't know if Che would offer that, but if not it hardly would seem to be worth it.

Come meet me at the LSNA!
7年前 に Lucy I によって更新されました。

Not sure if you can upload plugins to Che... I guess I better go find a Che forum.
thumbnail
7年前 に Andy Wu によって更新されました。

Regular Member 投稿: 195 参加年月日: 15/05/05 最新の投稿
hey Lucy , great idea ! Have you tried che ? did you do some real work on it ? or you just tried to play with it ? If you really did some real work , I mean developing actual projects on it , we would be very glad to hear that.
7年前 に Lucy I によって更新されました。

I am trying Che as we speak. But have not managed yet to get Liferay IDE installed. When you create a workspace in Che they offer "ready to go" stacks, one of which consists of Java, JDK, Maven, Tomcat, Subversion, Ubuntu, Git. So that's the workspace I created since it sounded like all the right tools.

Now trying to get Liferay into that workspace by pulling in the repo -- but it's been 6 hours. Only halfway done and I have no idea if it will actually work in the end.

Was hoping someone with more experience would be able to at least tell me the steps.
thumbnail
7年前 に Andy Wu によって更新されました。

Regular Member 投稿: 195 参加年月日: 15/05/05 最新の投稿
sorry , liferay-ide just aims at standard local eclipse environment , but if che supports standard plugins , then it can be installed in to it. But I don't know how to do it , may be you can try other simple eclipse plugin and it may be easier.