Quickstart
6 novembre 2011 13.57
Risposta

Karoly Tamas

Punteggio: Youngling

Data di Iscrizione: 26 ottobre 2011

Messaggi recenti

Hello!

I am new in the world of Liferay, so my first goal is to learn this portal system.
I think i can do that fast, because of i fully know some similar systems.

I am a graduate student in computer science (MSc) on BME, my thesis is the Java EE,
I make a CRM system with the new features of the technology.

I had have token part of a project, witch was an e-learning system, but the choosen platform was the silverlight,
i twink i can make a similar system with html 5 and javascript.

This system allows to the coaches to make wathever tasks and exams to their students,
and measure online their knowledge.

Best regards,,
Karoly Tamas
Adorján Nagy
RE: Quickstart
7 novembre 2011 6.01
Risposta

Adorján Nagy

Data di Iscrizione: 21 ottobre 2010

Messaggi recenti

Hi Karoly,

The e-learning is a very great idea, however as some of the attendees also chose this task we decided to separate the whole e-learning project into different tasks, e.g. UI of the teachers, UI of the students, server side, online tests ... In the following days we will come up with this system and its database schema. Then you should choose the most interesting and suitable area as your project. Every task would use its own test data so they should work independently and not rely on other attendee's work.

However if you would like an other project instead, please write a short documentation with some detailed information about it which we can use as a project plan during the competition. When you define the details of this specification please focus on not to create an easy or too hard task. However we will help you to set the difficulty level if necessary.

You can find more information how to use and develop Liferay portal here:
http://www.liferay.com/documentation/liferay-portal/6.0/getting-started
Also feel free to ask anything related to this competition or Liferay portal. We are here to help you.

Regards,
Adorjan
Adorján Nagy
18 novembre 2011 1.25
Risposta

Adorján Nagy

Messaggi recenti

Dear Károly,

Your project would be the Image Editing, you can find the details here:
http://www.liferay.com/hu/community/wiki/-/wiki/Proposals/Image+Editing

I am your mentor, and will introduce myself in this forum soon.

If you have any question please feel free to ask.

Regards,
Adorján
Adorján Nagy
21 novembre 2011 15.43
Risposta

Adorján Nagy

Messaggi recenti

Hi Károly,

I will be your mentor during the competition. I am a support engineer and trainer at Liferay Hungary, so I'm longing for your questions about everything which are related to the Liferay portal and Code Camp.

Have you found the documentation on the "getting started" link useful? Were you able to download/build Liferay portal and to try it?

So how do you like your project, do you have any questions or additional thoughts?

The first thing you should do is to make a little documentation. I'd like you to post a short summary which contains some basic information, it is listed here.

Then, in order to get familiar with Liferay portal and your poject, you should build the 6.1 version of Liferay (currently it is the trunk) and examine how the image gallery portlet works and start to think on what would be perfect place to add the possibility of image editing. If you need help, please don't hesitate to ask, I'm here to help you.

I'm looking forward to hearing from you.

Cheers,
Adorján