Foros de discusión

Don´t see the "Add Custom Report" button

thumbnail
Iván Bautista, modificado hace 7 años.

Don´t see the "Add Custom Report" button

New Member Mensajes: 16 Fecha de incorporación: 13/01/15 Mensajes recientes
Dear all,

I have just installed Audience Targeting for EE in a trial DXP version. I created a segment (users logged in) and a Campaign having this segment. Then, I have created some content, forms, pages, etc and did some navigation/actions using different users.

Finally, when now I navigate to Site -> Configuration -> Audience Targeting -> Campaigns, click on my Campaign and select "Report" tab, I don´t see any report (just an empty list) and no button called "Add Custom Report" appears in the screen in order to create some metrics.

I have follow all the instructions in the official documentation, this button that I don´t see is mentioned here:

https://customer.liferay.com/documentation/7.0/admin/-/official_documentation/portal/managing-campaigns

Does anybody know what´s happening? (No errors in log files)

I need to do some tests in order to validate the product with one of our clients...

Thans in advance!
thumbnail
Eduardo P. García, modificado hace 3 años.

RE: Don´t see the "Add Custom Report" button

Regular Member Mensajes: 157 Fecha de incorporación: 16/03/12 Mensajes recientes
Hi Iván,

Could you please provide the exact version of Liferay DXP and Audience Targeting you are testing? This is relevant, as we found some issues in Audience Targeting 2.1 that are fixed only as of certain versions of Liferay DXP.

Thanks
thumbnail

Hi Eduardo,

Sure! I´m using DXP 7.0 SP1.

Thanks for your help!
thumbnail

RE: Don´t see the "Add Custom Report" button (Respuesta)

Regular Member Mensajes: 157 Fecha de incorporación: 16/03/12 Mensajes recientes
Hi Iván,

You need DXP SP1 + Fix Pack 8 to use Audience Targeting 2.1. Please contact our Support Team if you need more information about how to obtain and install the fix packs. Once you install it, please test again and let me know if it works.

Thanks
thumbnail

I´ll do, thanks so much Eduardo ;)
thumbnail

Hi again Eduardo,

After install Fix pack 12, I can see the button to create a custom report. Now the problem is different, when I try to edit a newly created report in order to add some metrics, I see a blank screen with a "org.hsqldb.HsqlException: user lacks privilege or object not found: CT_CTA_CTACTIONTOTAL" error in log files.

I know that this problem could be caused for using the hypersonic database. I will try using a clean installation connected to a MySQL, I think that this will resolve the problem.

Thanks again, I will mark your comment as an answer ;)
thumbnail

Thanks for your feedback Iván! Yes, HSQL is not listed under the supported DB's for Audience Targeting. Switching to MySQL should fix the problem.

If you have any further questions or if you find any issues during your tests, please contact us again.

Regards
thumbnail

Hello everybody,

After a deep testing everything is working fine with Audience Targeting. The only thing that I had to do is to install the last fix pack, as Eduardo said.

Adding this information to inform about this to another people having the same problem.

To install a fix pack:
1. Download the patching tool last version.
2. Unzip ti inside <LIFERAY_HOME> (it will override the current folder).
3. Download the last fixpack.
4. Copy the ZIP file in <LIFERAY_HOME>/patching-tool/patches
5. Update portal-ext.properties adding the following parameter: database.indexes.update.on.startup=true.
6. Stop the server (if started).
7. Execute <LIFERAY_HOME>/patching-tool/patching-too.sh install.
8. Remove the content inside <LIFERAY_HOME>/osgi/state
9. Start the server.

Hope all this information helps somebody ;)