Foros de discusión

live.users.enabled performance

Ed Mervich, modificado hace 7 años.

live.users.enabled performance

New Member Mensajes: 8 Fecha de incorporación: 11/11/11 Mensajes recientes
I have read that by setting live.users.enabled = true, there will be a performance impact. What is the impact? Does it just mean that the Control Panel response time will take a few seconds to retrieve the users, or is there a general impact overall to the application deployed on the portal?

Regards,

Ed
thumbnail
David H Nebinger, modificado hace 7 años.

RE: live.users.enabled performance

Liferay Legend Mensajes: 14919 Fecha de incorporación: 2/09/06 Mensajes recientes
Hey, Ed.

It adds a small chunk of memory to track a table w/ user and session details in it, and this table must be updated during login/logout processing. In a cluster it can result in additional cluster messaging going between the nodes.

I mean, it's not going to make your system crawl, but it is going to add some overhead.

Personally I've never found live users to have much value. It typically only knows about users on the current node (not cluster wide) so unless you can control ability to connect to each node, you can't get a good view of users anyway.

Even if it were working, the only thing it offers is the ability to force-kill their session. You can't message them, you can't see what they're doing, ...

Come meet me at the LSNA!