Foros de discusión

Portlet contents are going out of the border in page layout ?

RAVI RAJAMANI, modificado hace 7 años.

Portlet contents are going out of the border in page layout ?

Regular Member Mensajes: 123 Fecha de incorporación: 7/12/14 Mensajes recientes
Hi
I have a custom theme and layout. Layout has 60 and 40 division pattern. while adding any portlet in a 40 division pattern the portlet content going beyond a layout border. image attached for reference.

Kindly suggest this solution.

Regards,
Ravi R

Archivos adjuntos:

thumbnail
David H Nebinger, modificado hace 7 años.

RE: Portlet contents are going out of the border in page layout ?

Liferay Legend Mensajes: 14919 Fecha de incorporación: 2/09/06 Mensajes recientes
Well you should be using a browser like chrome, inspect the element, that will give you the list of rules that apply to the styling and the source for those rules.

I'm willing to bet you find that you've got some sort of styling that you're applying from your custom theme that is making it happen.

Come meet me at the LSNA!
thumbnail
Samuel Kong, modificado hace 7 años.

Liferay Legend Mensajes: 1902 Fecha de incorporación: 10/03/08 Mensajes recientes
There's some default styling that the portal applies to the input boxes which causes the input boxes to be a certain width regardless of the width of the portlet. So you'll need to add some CSS to your theme/portlet to override this behavior.

Samuel Kong:
There's some default styling that the portal applies to the input boxes which causes the input boxes to be a certain width regardless of the width of the portlet. So you'll need to add some CSS to your theme/portlet to override this behavior.

Thanks for your reply.

If i want to change particularly with that portlet. How to override input length of that portlet ?
Is Hook is required ?
or
any alternatives.

Regards
Ravi R
thumbnail
Samuel Kong, modificado hace 7 años.

Liferay Legend Mensajes: 1902 Fecha de incorporación: 10/03/08 Mensajes recientes
The best solution is to insert the CSS into your Theme's CSS. Alternatively, you can insert the CSS into the 'Advanced Styling' section in the portlet's Look and Feel.

Thanks
Now its working fine.

Regards,
Ravi R