留言板

Vista / Windows 7 WebDAV access

Ashley Bartlett,修改在14 年前。

Vista / Windows 7 WebDAV access

New Member 发布: 1 加入日期: 09-9-8 最近的帖子
I've been having no end of issues with getting this to work. I thought I would quickly post this information here as this is what I was trying to access.

Please note: I have referenced Vista in the subject, but I have seen many references to a web folders patch. See that if this doesn't work

Long story short, I'm using Winodws 7 RC, I've been trying to access WebDAV from windows natively on and off for a couple of weeks now.

What I have discovered is that Windows security restricts access to Basic HTTP authentication on non-SSL connections and you need to change a registry key to work around this.

Change or create the Registry key “HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\WebClient\Parameters\BasicAuthLevel” (REG_DWORD) and set its value to “2“.

The above regkey takes the following values. This is the same for both Vista and Windows 7.

* 0 - Basic authentication disabled
* 1 - Basic authentication enabled for SSL shares only
* 2 or greater - Basic authentication enabled for SSL shares and for non-SSL shares

(I found this on: http://www.fladi.at/2009/06/24/windows-webdav-basic-workaround/)

Then you need to restart the Windows Web Client. From a command line just go:

net stop webclient
net start webclient

THEN you can use net use to access WebDAV, eg:
net use * http://192.168.1.50:8080/tunnel-web/secure/webdav/liferay.com/MyPortal/document_library/

It will ask for username and password, enter them as you would on the website.

I hope this helps someone.
thumbnail
Lisa Simpson,修改在14 年前。

RE: Vista / Windows 7 WebDAV access

Liferay Legend 帖子: 2034 加入日期: 09-3-5 最近的帖子
This should be in the Wiki
Sultee khan,修改在13 年前。

Regular Member 帖子: 145 加入日期: 09-10-31 最近的帖子
Hi,
This doesn't work for windows 7. It has something to do with digest authentication as
Sharepoint Server uses Webdav with Digest Authentication
thumbnail
Samuel Liu,修改在13 年前。

Expert 帖子: 301 加入日期: 10-5-27 最近的帖子
Hi Sultee, Lisa, Ashley,

Windows 7 support will be included in GA 3 which should be out at the end of this week. We've been finding a bunch of bugs and hope to have them all patched up with that release -- stay tuned!

Warm regards,
Sam
thumbnail
Scott P,修改在13 年前。

Junior Member 帖子: 36 加入日期: 10-1-8 最近的帖子
Sultee khan:
Hi,
This doesn't work for windows 7. It has something to do with digest authentication as
Sharepoint Server uses Webdav with Digest Authentication

Mapping to the drive works as documented at the start of the post in Windows 7. I have tested it a number of times (on Windows 7 64bit).

On the other hand the actual 'network drive' like functionality does not work (apart from viewing the folder and being able to see the files). Copying files to the drive fails, editing documents fails, refreshing the folders fails, disconnecting the drive also fails and crashes explorer.exe (you can force disconnect the drive in the command line). Windows explorer also frequently crashes during browsing or if right clicking the drive from the network drives list.

Has anyone tried with a proper WebDAV client and not using windows explorer? Any luck?
thumbnail
Alexander Chow,修改在13 年前。

Liferay Master 帖子: 518 加入日期: 05-7-20 最近的帖子
Hi All,

I've been trying to debug these problems and committed two WebDAV fixes to trunk.

http://issues.liferay.com/browse/LPS-12080 **
http://issues.liferay.com/browse/LPS-12082

The first one, LPS-12080, is most likely the problem that most of you have been having with Vista/Windows 7.

Unfortunately, it did not make the 6.0 GA3 cut.
thumbnail
Scott P,修改在13 年前。

Alexander Chow:
Hi All,

I've been trying to debug these problems and committed two WebDAV fixes to trunk.

http://issues.liferay.com/browse/LPS-12080 **
http://issues.liferay.com/browse/LPS-12082

The first one, LPS-12080, is most likely the problem that most of you have been having with Vista/Windows 7.

Unfortunately, it did not make the 6.0 GA3 cut.

Thanks for the update Alex. This was one of the errors I was getting in Win7 so this should hopefully resolve that particular issue. Will it be in the 6EE release?
thumbnail
Alexander Chow,修改在13 年前。

Scott P:
Thanks for the update Alex. This was one of the errors I was getting in Win7 so this should hopefully resolve that particular issue. Will it be in the 6EE release?

Yes, it should be in the 6EE release.
thumbnail
Scott P,修改在13 年前。

Alexander Chow:
Scott P:

Yes, it should be in the 6EE release.

Thanks for the update Alex.
H K,修改在13 年前。

Junior Member 帖子: 32 加入日期: 09-9-15 最近的帖子
Can I install the LPS-12080 fix without updating to a new version of Liferay?
thumbnail
Alexander Chow,修改在13 年前。

H K:
Can I install the LPS-12080 fix without updating to a new version of Liferay?

If I am not mistaken, you can. The only thing is you need to make sure you have configured your registry to support Basic Authentication. See:

http://www.liferay.com/web/guest/community/wiki/-/wiki/Main/WebDAV
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/841215
H K,修改在13 年前。

Configuring the registry unfortunately doesn't solve this problem for me:

Move or copy of folders in Explorer returns an "Error 0x80070021: The process cannot access the file because another process has locked a portion of the file."
thumbnail
Alexander Chow,修改在13 年前。

H K:
Configuring the registry unfortunately doesn't solve this problem for me:

Move or copy of folders in Explorer returns an "Error 0x80070021: The process cannot access the file because another process has locked a portion of the file."

I'm sorry for not being clear. You need both LPS-12080 and the registry change. The bug you encounter is LPS-12080.
H K,修改在13 年前。

Alexander,

If I have Liferay 5.2.2, is the only way to acquire LPS-12080 to update my Liferay version to Liferay 6 or is there an other way to install LPS-12080?

I think my confusion stems from not knowing if LPS-12080 is an installable patch or a bug code emoticon
thumbnail
Alexander Chow,修改在13 年前。

H K:
If I have Liferay 5.2.2, is the only way to acquire LPS-12080 to update my Liferay version to Liferay 6 or is there an other way to install LPS-12080?

I think my confusion stems from not knowing if LPS-12080 is an installable patch or a bug code emoticon

Unfortunately, it is not an installable patch but must be manually patched in the source code. So, basically, you would want to:
  • Download the source code for 5.2.2
  • Find the changes in our SVN trunk for LPS-12080 and manually apply them to the source
  • Recompile and replace your portal-impl.jar with the newly built one
H K,修改在13 年前。

This is what I've done:

1. Downloaded the source code for 5.2.2 to Eclipse from SVN (from portal/tags/5.2.2)

2. Found that the LPS-12080 changes where made in the file ProppatchMethodImpl.java (in portal/trunk/portal-impl/src/com/liferay/portal/webdav/methods)

3. Copied the ProppatchMethodImpl.java file from SVN to the project that I imported in step 1 to Eclipse (I copied it to portal/portal-impl/src/com/liferay/portal/webdav/methods/ProppatchMethodImpl.java)

However, in the new ProppatchMethodImpl.java file, Eclipse tells me that there are many imports that cannot be resolved (e.g. import com.liferay.portal.kernel.exception.PortalException)

4. Compiled a new portal-impl.jar file (by right clicking the portal-impl/src folder in Eclipse and exporting to a jar file)

5. Replaced the old portal-impl.jar file located in /opt/liferay/tomcat-5.5.27/webpps/ROOT/WEB-INF/lib on my website server with the new one compiled in step 4.

6. Restarted Liferay

When Liferay (Tomcat) is restarted however many error messages are generated in the log and the website is not started. Have I made any mistake in the steps above?
thumbnail
Alexander Chow,修改在13 年前。

H K:
This is what I've done:

1. Downloaded the source code for 5.2.2 to Eclipse from SVN (from portal/tags/5.2.2)

2. Found that the LPS-12080 changes where made in the file ProppatchMethodImpl.java (in portal/trunk/portal-impl/src/com/liferay/portal/webdav/methods)

3. Copied the ProppatchMethodImpl.java file from SVN to the project that I imported in step 1 to Eclipse (I copied it to portal/portal-impl/src/com/liferay/portal/webdav/methods/ProppatchMethodImpl.java)

However, in the new ProppatchMethodImpl.java file, Eclipse tells me that there are many imports that cannot be resolved (e.g. import com.liferay.portal.kernel.exception.PortalException)

4. Compiled a new portal-impl.jar file (by right clicking the portal-impl/src folder in Eclipse and exporting to a jar file)

5. Replaced the old portal-impl.jar file located in /opt/liferay/tomcat-5.5.27/webpps/ROOT/WEB-INF/lib on my website server with the new one compiled in step 4.

6. Restarted Liferay

When Liferay (Tomcat) is restarted however many error messages are generated in the log and the website is not started. Have I made any mistake in the steps above?

In step 3, do not simply copy the ProppatchMethodImpl.java from SVN into your 5.2.2. There have undoubtedly been changes to our overall API from 5.2.2 to 6.0.x. You pretty much need to manually merge in the specific changes to ProppatchMethodImpl.java. I have uploaded to the LPS a patch file with the SVN differences for the file.

http://issues.liferay.com/secure/attachment/24329/LPS-12080.patch
fastbob fastbob,修改在13 年前。

Regular Member 帖子: 221 加入日期: 05-5-16 最近的帖子
The other issue is your step 4. It's unlikely Eclipse will create the correct structure for your jar. It may include or exclude critical files or structure things differently.

You have two options:
  • Since you're replacing only one file, you can try replacing the file directly using a zip utility like WinZip. This requires you to make sure you get the directory structure correct and you need to be meticulous.
  • Use the ant build script provided to rebuild the jar. This may be preferable since it will compile the file in question (as well as the rest) with a consistent set of imports.
thumbnail
Alexander Chow,修改在13 年前。

Thanks fast bob! I missed that point.
Ryan Ward,修改在13 年前。

New Member 帖子: 18 加入日期: 10-2-12 最近的帖子
Sorry to resurrect this thread from the dead, but I am trying to apply this patch to my installation. I'm running 5.2.3. This is the first source modification I've made so please bare with me.

I'm using Netbeans and I check out the 5.2.x source from svn. I applied the patch file to the class, but I get an error in the code. The underlined method is throwing the error "cannot find symbol". Any one able to help?

protected WebDAVProps getStoredProperties(WebDAVRequest webDavRequest)
		throws PortalException, SystemException {

WebDAVStorage storage = webDavRequest.getWebDAVStorage();

Resource resource = storage.getResource(webDavRequest);

WebDAVProps webDavProps = null;

if (resource.getPrimaryKey() <= 0) {
			if (_log.isWarnEnabled()) {
				_log.warn("There is no primary key set for resource");
			}

throw new InvalidRequestException();
		}
		else if (resource.isLocked()) {
			Lock lock = resource.[u]getLock()[/u];

if ((lock == null) ||
				!lock.getUuid().equals(webDavRequest.getLockUuid())) {

throw new LockException();
			}
		}

webDavProps = WebDAVPropsLocalServiceUtil.getWebDAVProps(
			webDavRequest.getCompanyId(), resource.getClassName(),
			resource.getPrimaryKey());

return webDavProps;}
thumbnail
Alexander Chow,修改在13 年前。

Basically, the problem is that there are changes in other files that you need to account for (namely Resource.java, BaseResourceImpl.java and DLFileEntryResourceImpl.java). The getLock() method was added as part of LPS-12082 and needs to get propagated into those classes.

Unfortunately, manually patching this is a bit tough if you are not a java developer. Sorry if this is really confusing.
YanLu Liu,修改在12 年前。

New Member 帖子: 2 加入日期: 12-3-28 最近的帖子
It seems the problem of error 0x80070021 is not solved in Liferay 6.1 CE RC1.
I met the same problem when copying a file to a WEBDAV mapped driver.
Please check the attachment image.
The environment is windows 7 professional with Liferay 6.1 CE RC1 on tomcat.
thumbnail
Juan Gonzalez P,修改在12 年前。

Liferay Legend 帖子: 3089 加入日期: 08-10-28 最近的帖子
Why do you test using RC1?

Please test with GA 1 instead, there are some webdav problems solved there.
thumbnail
Hitoshi Ozawa,修改在12 年前。

Liferay Legend 帖子: 7942 加入日期: 10-3-24 最近的帖子
As Juan said, should upgrade to GA1. RC1 shouldn't be used in production anyways.

According the the following thread, it seems to be working:
http://www.liferay.com/community/forums/-/message_boards/message/12831090
YanLu Liu,修改在12 年前。

New Member 帖子: 2 加入日期: 12-3-28 最近的帖子
Thanks for your kind suggestion. I have found the reason. I forgot to adjust the upload file size limitation.
The default file size is only 3MB, there was a file size exception in Tomcat console log for the error.
As I set the max upload file size to 4GB, it works well for the files under 100MB size.

When I try to copy a file large than 100MB with WEBDAV, there will be anther error occur like 0x800.... bad parameter. (Sorry I forgot the exact number)
I will come back for detail description on this error, but I don't think it's a error from Liferay, it should be some limitation within Windows system.

Thanks again.
thumbnail
Hitoshi Ozawa,修改在12 年前。

Liferay Legend 帖子: 7942 加入日期: 10-3-24 最近的帖子
Oh, there's a max file size limitation. You'll have to change the registry.

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_xp-hardware/error-0x800700df-the-file-size-exceeds-the-limit/d208bba6-920c-4639-bd45-f345f462934f
Sultee khan,修改在13 年前。

Regular Member 帖子: 145 加入日期: 09-10-31 最近的帖子
Hi Alexander,
Thanks for your updates. Yesterday, I downloaded and compiled the latest Liferay 6 code from svn and tested webdav functionalities with the following combinations:

Windows 7 + Office 2010
Windows Vista + Office 2007
XP with office 2003

After testing, I may say that I didn't find any big problem and now webdav is working 100%.
Thumbs up for the liferay Team and for you!

P.S: For this to work one has to update windows OS (Service Packs etc.) from time to time and install required patches as described in the Wiki

Sultee
thumbnail
Alexander Chow,修改在13 年前。

Sultee khan:
Hi Alexander,
Thanks for your updates. I download and compiled the latest Liferay 6 code from the svn and tested webdav functionalities with the following combinations

Windows 7 + Office 2010
Windows Vista + Office 2007
XP with office 2003

I may say now that I didn't find any big problem and now webdav is working 100%.
Thumbs up for the liferay Team and for you!

P.S: For this to work please keep your windows OS up-to-date(Service Packs etc.) and install required patches as described in the Wiki

Sultee

Sultee, I'm glad everything works well for you! Cheers!

Alex