留言板

How to implement custom authentication w/o having such user in the system?

surmsak mahit,修改在10 年前。

How to implement custom authentication w/o having such user in the system?

New Member 帖子: 2 加入日期: 13-6-25 最近的帖子
Hi all,

I have a case on the login module on that, liferay will have to validate user,password retrieved from LDAP. There are some constraints that I couldn't just commonly integrate Liferay with LDAP via the built-in Liferay's LDAP configuration. The problem is the requirement that Liferay shall contains no users in database (to avoid duplication). It has to fetch user/password from LDAP via 3rd party's webservice, and bypass authentication and mapping roles/privilege (which are already created in liferay) to such user at runtime. Is this possible?

After done some researching, I found that I have to create a class that implements Authenticator interface, and also configure some configuration options to create a custom authentication mechanism (ex. modify auth.pipeline.pre=my.custom.class.name and set auth.pipeline.enable.liferay.check=false).

So I tried following all the steps above but couldn't make it work.

Is there a way to authenticate and log on user programmatically without user/password created in the Liferay database? (For ex. retrieve user's info from LDAP and put into the running thread)

However, I have roles and groups pre-created in the system and will be mapped to the user retrieved from LDAP on runtime.

Any idea?

Thank you in advance
thumbnail
David H Nebinger,修改在10 年前。

RE: How to implement custom authentication w/o having such user in the syst (答复)

Liferay Legend 帖子: 14919 加入日期: 06-9-2 最近的帖子
How many times do I need to say this?

It is simply not possible. The record must be in the User_ table in order to satisfy the logical foreign keys in the other tables.

It is not possible, under any circumstances, to have a user authenticate and use the portal that is not in the User_ table.

Period.
surmsak mahit,修改在10 年前。

RE: How to implement custom authentication w/o having such user in the syst

New Member 帖子: 2 加入日期: 13-6-25 最近的帖子
I'm so new to this.
So I have to create user whatsoever after retrieving user's info.

Thanks for your kind answering this emoticon
thumbnail
David H Nebinger,修改在10 年前。

Liferay Legend 帖子: 14919 加入日期: 06-9-2 最近的帖子
Sorry, Surmsak, I shouldn't have been so short.

As a recommendation, many questions that you're going to be asking have been covered in the forums before, especially this one that was covered recently. A quick google search prior to posting is typically a good idea...
thumbnail
Jack Bakker,修改在10 年前。

Liferay Master 帖子: 978 加入日期: 10-1-3 最近的帖子
Is there a way to authenticate and log on user programmatically without user/password created in the Liferay database? (For ex. retrieve user's info from LDAP and put into the running thread)

for Liferay to know about user and associations with resources in Liferay: liferay db user_ record for the user needs to be there