留言板

git and service builder

thumbnail
Jack Bakker,修改在10 年前。

git and service builder

Liferay Master 帖子: 978 加入日期: 10-1-3 最近的帖子
I use git repos per portlet/theme/layout/etc. because individual expertise for code/theme and related github or gitolite controls for access

I use pattern of one plugin/project for services *clientname*-services where I then copy service*.jar to global classpath (yes David, I do this still while biting pain of restart overhead ; been reading about OSGi superficially)

git is for 'team' dev advancement and I find diversification across team wrt service builder skills awkward especially with my currently chosen approach one plugin deploy then copy to global classpath

to deliver service war to other members of team, I currently just deliver service war which I deploy to git as a binary and then inform
thumbnail
Jack Bakker,修改在10 年前。

RE: git and service builder

Apologies that my post not really a question ; but is not really a blog either. Maybe a 'borum' or a 'sharr' (pronounced as the Irish might) ... I think my concern is on build of services, git doesn't pickup new files automatically and I need to manually add to index ; would like it if IDE/Studio auto-added to git index on service generate but then tieing IDE to git might be a bit greedy on my part...
thumbnail
David H Nebinger,修改在10 年前。

Liferay Legend 帖子: 14919 加入日期: 06-9-2 最近的帖子
I'd suggest opening a bug on issues.liferay.com for the IDE. Greg's working on the 2.0 release right now, so having the bug in place before 2.0 is released would probably be a good thing...
thumbnail
Jack Bakker,修改在10 年前。

not bug but improvement ; I have approached git/ide before ; but ide being version control agnostic seems also smart
thumbnail
David H Nebinger,修改在10 年前。

Liferay Legend 帖子: 14919 加入日期: 06-9-2 最近的帖子
They use bugs to track enhancement requests too. There's also the ideas page that James set up...

Ultimately the IDE is responsible for identifying the files that were changed and provide that info to the team plugin. I too sometimes have similar issues when pushing to cvs (I know, ancient as it is, I can't get us off of cvs just yet).
thumbnail
Jack Bakker,修改在10 年前。

David H Nebinger:

Ultimately the IDE is responsible for identifying the files that were changed and provide that info to the team plugin.

Really ? AFAIK the Liferay IDE doesn't talk git. I use eGit in Eclipse where files get 'added' via "Team: Add to Index". I also use a .gitignore file so I can add, for example, a portlet 'docroot' folder while ignoring .jar, .class and other that are in the docroot folder

David H Nebinger:

I too sometimes have similar issues when pushing to cvs (I know, ancient as it is, I can't get us off of cvs just yet).

Legacy happens.