留言板

A Confusing, and a surprising announcement issue

sahar zangenehpour,修改在11 年前。

A Confusing, and a surprising announcement issue

New Member 帖子: 10 加入日期: 12-12-31 最近的帖子
I have created one regular user. “User No. 1” is a member of three sites named “Site No.1”, “Site No.2”, and “Site No. 3”. There is also one private page for each one of these sites. I have inserted the “Announcement Portlet” in each one of them also.

“User No. 1” adds an announcement entry with distribution scope “Site No. 1”.
I assume that when this happens, I should just view that new announcement in my “Site No. 1” private page. But when I check “Site No. 2”, and also “Site No. 3”, unfortunately (  ) I can see that defined announcement in these Sites also.
This property has really confused me. Please help me in this regard. I don’t know if this is the nature of this portlet or not to give me a view of all announcements regardless of the scope I have distributed.
I should mention that the permissions for announcement in “Site Application”, and also in “Site Content” is not matched or in harmony with other portlets like Forum, or Calendar. I am not sure if this changes anything in controlling this portlet.
thumbnail
David H Nebinger,修改在11 年前。

RE: A Confusing, and a surprising announcement issue

Liferay Legend 帖子: 14914 加入日期: 06-9-2 最近的帖子
The scope is more for users, rather than sites. Since user no 1 is a member of all three sites, she can see the message in all three pages.

If a user no 2 logs in who does not have access to site no 1, she would not see the announcement.

thanks david,
but is there any soloutions or tricks that user no.1 just see the announcement entry in site no.1 and not in the others sites(site no.2 and site no.3)?

thanks a lot.
thumbnail
Jos Groenewegen,修改在11 年前。

New Member 帖子: 15 加入日期: 12-10-16 最近的帖子
The announcement portlet always shows announcements liferay-wide (to the members that fall within the distribution scope of an announcement).

See here; http://www.liferay.com/community/wiki/-/wiki/Main/Announcements+Portlet for a short explanation.

The proposed option is to customize the announcement portlet (although I can't give you a technical walkthrough on how to do that as it's digging into the portlet code). So if you want to use the announcements (or Alert) portlet no, without editing the portlet there doesn't seem to be a trick.

Alternatives could obviously be (ab)using a webcontent module and making it possible for the person who should be able to place the "announcements" (in this case webcontent) to edit it in there.

thanks Jos,
I would appreciate if some one could help me to change the portlet's code in order to accomplish the goal.

thanks friends.