留言板

RE: Help-This page has been changed since the last update from the sitetemp

thumbnail
Wen Ching Chua,修改在12 年前。

Help-This page has been changed since the last update from the sitetemplate

Junior Member 帖子: 72 加入日期: 11-4-18 最近的帖子
Hi everyone,

I am using Liferay 6.1 GA1 tomcat bundle(deployed late January 2012). My organization will have a private page. So all my users within this organization can access this page. But when I login as the user and access the page, I saw the error "This page has been changed since the last update from the site template. To avoid overwriting those changes, no further updates from the site template will be done.". I can't find anyway to resolve this or a reset button.

I noticed these were raised here

http://issues.liferay.com/browse/LPS-24995?focusedCommentId=170910#comment-170910
http://issues.liferay.com/browse/LPS-24771

But I am not able to figure out the solution to fix the problem? Should I re-download the liferay 6.1 GA1 tomcat bundle to resolve this issue? But the download file seems to be released on January 7, 2012. So not sure whether it will resolve this issue?

Any help? Thanks.
thumbnail
Dave Kliczbor,修改在12 年前。

Junior Member 帖子: 77 加入日期: 11-7-12 最近的帖子
Nope, resetting the database and configuring from scratch would definitely solve that problem. For the next, fresh instance, you could disallow the Site Administrator to make changes to the private site (configured via checkbox while connecting the site template to the site). Or even check the settings in portal-ext.properties, maybe you need to disallow a bit more to absolutely disallow any changes to the Site (assuming you absolutely want to edit _only_ the Site Template and propagate changes from there).

If resetting the DB isn't an option, I'd say: Make yourself familiar with the database and fix it... SquirrelSQL (a generic DB GUI) can even work with HSQL (little warning: increase the LIMIT per view, the default of 100 is a bit low for LR tables). I'd start evaluating in table LAYOUTSET, columns LAYOUTSETPROTOTYPEID and LAYOUTSETPROTOTYPELINKENABLED...

Maybe there's an easier way, but I don't know which one ...

HTH,
Dave
thumbnail
Wen Ching Chua,修改在12 年前。

Junior Member 帖子: 72 加入日期: 11-4-18 最近的帖子
if i reset the databaase, means all my data will be gone? ouch!

no way to configure it on the liferay interface itself?

thanks anyway.
thumbnail
Samuel Kong,修改在12 年前。

Liferay Legend 帖子: 1902 加入日期: 08-3-10 最近的帖子
A work around is to unlink for your site from the template.

1. Control Panel > Users and Organizations
2. Locate your organization
3. Actions > Manage Site
4. Under Private Pages and the bottom, uncheck the Enable propagation of changes from the site template XXX. option.
thumbnail
Dave Kliczbor,修改在12 年前。

Junior Member 帖子: 77 加入日期: 11-7-12 最近的帖子
@Samuel: As far as I understood him, he wanted to re-establish that link instead of breaking it.

The point with dynamic templates (also known as propagating templates or linked templates) is that you lose the link to the template as soon as you modify something in the page set that links to the template. Think of it as "branching" the page set from the main branch set forth by the Site Template. The consequence is that modifications in the site template are not propagated to the page set anymore, because Liferay would then have to merge two versions of one page set...

I do not think that there is any GUI option to re-establish that link. However, I think that it could work by editing the DB itself, as outlined in my previous post.
thumbnail
Rahul Bhattacharya,修改在11 年前。

Junior Member 帖子: 58 加入日期: 10-1-16 最近的帖子
Hi,
you actually get a alert on top if you modify a page from a site template.
The alert has a reset button to reset it to the site template page.
The only problem there is that they just check if the layout modification time is later than the template modification time.
If you modify the site template after you modify the page you do not see the alert.
This is most definitely a bug, and we have reported it.