留言板

Register service

Edward A,修改在6 年前。

Register service

New Member 帖子: 23 加入日期: 17-6-16 最近的帖子
Hi!

I am currently developing an MVC Portlet with the Liferay IDE for Liferay 7 CE GA5. Everything's been great so far, except for one thing. I created an interface that describes the methods that I need to invoke in my MVCPortlet class that correspond to my business logic. Then, I created an implementation of said interface,; however, my implementation requires that I have a reference to the AssetEntryLocalService class to use in my code. So I tried what I've seen on documentation, a great blog post by David, and what I see on my MVCPortlet class and it is not working...

This is what I currently have. When I print _assetEntryLocalService, it returns null.

package xx.yy.zz.mymodule.service.impl;

import com.liferay.asset.kernel.service.AssetEntryLocalService;

@Component(
		immediate = true
)
public class MyLocalServiceImpl implements MyLocalService {
    @Reference(unbind ="-")
        private void setAssetEntryLocalService (AssetEntryLocalService assetEntryLocalService) {
		_assetEntryLocalService = assetEntryLocalService;
	}

private AssetEntryLocalService _assetEntryLocalService;
}

Am I missing something? I read that in order for us to have a reference to any OSGI component, the class that makes the reference should also be an OSGI component, hence the component annotation.

Thanks for any help!
thumbnail
David H Nebinger,修改在6 年前。

RE: Register service

Liferay Legend 帖子: 14914 加入日期: 06-9-2 最近的帖子
That is proper for your MyLocalServiceImpl.

Are you doing an @Reference injection of MyLocalService into your MVC portlet class too?
Edward A,修改在6 年前。

New Member 帖子: 23 加入日期: 17-6-16 最近的帖子
David, I am so glad that you are the one participating on my thread. No, in my Portlet, instead of assigning a reference to MyLocalService using OSGI, I am importing the class and creating a new instance on any method were it is necessary. I understand that it might be wrong, but I am even creating a new instance of this service on my view.jsp.

In any case, when I try to invoke any method from _assetEntryLocalService inside a method on MyLocalServiceImpl, I get a NullPointerException. Besides the OSGI annotations, is there any other kind of setup that I'm missing?
thumbnail
Olaf Kock,修改在6 年前。

Liferay Legend 帖子: 6396 加入日期: 08-9-23 最近的帖子
Edward A:
David, I am so glad that you are the one participating on my thread. No, in my Portlet, instead of assigning a reference to MyLocalService using OSGI, I am importing the class and creating a new instance on any method were it is necessary. I understand that it might be wrong, but I am even creating a new instance of this service on my view.jsp.

This indeed is your problem: When you instantiate your service yourself, you're responsible for initializing it. When you leave this to the OSGi framework, it will do the initialization for you. You're using a service, not an instantiated class. The service won't be available when undeployed and you must not keep references in other places than the @Reference location (for longer than temporary use).

You can (for the short processing time) store a reference to the service in the request attributes, so that you can use it from your view.jsp, but never should you instantiate your Impl class yourself.
thumbnail
David H Nebinger,修改在6 年前。

Liferay Legend 帖子: 14914 加入日期: 06-9-2 最近的帖子
+1 for Olaf's response.

It works like Spring containers - if you let Spring auto-wire your dependency in, Spring will make sure the dependency is fully wired.

But if you just do a "new MyLocalServiceImpl();" sort of approach, you're taking Spring out of the picture and it would not be able to handle the wiring.

If you do want to do the "new MyLocalServiceImpl();" approach, well you're taking over responsibility for the construction so you are also incurring the responsibility for the dependency injection.