留言板

Usage of web components

Pierre LEURENT,修改在6 年前。

Usage of web components

New Member 帖子: 2 加入日期: 17-11-2 最近的帖子
Hi all,

I would like to use web components for the creation of reusable widgets or components in Liferay. Does someone know if Liferay is compatible with this technology ?

Thanks a lot for your help,
Pierre
thumbnail
David H Nebinger,修改在6 年前。

RE: Usage of web components (答复)

Liferay Legend 帖子: 14916 加入日期: 06-9-2 最近的帖子
Yes, although I should point out that you're trying to ask if apples can be in the same fruit bowl as the oranges.

Webcomponents is a browser-based technology backed by javascript, html and css.

To that end, the portal doesn't prevent you from using these.
Pierre LEURENT,修改在6 年前。

RE: Usage of web components

New Member 帖子: 2 加入日期: 17-11-2 最近的帖子
OK, thanks a lot for your answer. It Was very helpful.
PL.
thumbnail
Jack Bakker,修改在6 年前。

RE: Usage of web components

Liferay Master 帖子: 978 加入日期: 10-1-3 最近的帖子
Pierre LEURENT:
I would like to use web components for the creation of reusable widgets or components in Liferay. Does someone know if Liferay is compatible with this technology ?

Why not ?

There are those who think that webcomponents continue to be a very important part of the future of the web. For those curious, Web components are based on four specifications:

Custom Elements specification
Shadow DOM specification
HTML imports specification
HTML template element specification

See: https://www.webcomponents.org/introduction

I am excitedly developing using Polymer backed by golang server apps. In one project, the golang server app also acts as an api proxy to Liferay remote services. I also am thinking on how Liferay might deliver and manage Polymer web components directly (without the golang in between) though I first want to dig more into Liferay 7/DXP and think more comprehensively on how to architect this.