留言板

Wiki portlet - liferay6.2

thumbnail
pramod kumara,修改在6 年前。

Wiki portlet - liferay6.2

Junior Member 帖子: 54 加入日期: 16-8-29 最近的帖子
Iam having 5 word document files, and I need to have the content in these documents in wiki portlet pages, how can I achieve this??
to convert word to wiki.
thumbnail
Samuel Kong,修改在6 年前。

RE: Wiki portlet - liferay6.2 (答复)

Liferay Legend 帖子: 1902 加入日期: 08-3-10 最近的帖子
If you only have 5 documents, you should probably just do it manually. It'll probably be a lot faster than trying to code up an automated solution. Most programs that can open a word document should have a option to save the document as a HTML file. You can use the output as a starting point for the text that you copy into a wiki page.
thumbnail
pramod kumara,修改在6 年前。

RE: Wiki portlet - liferay6.2

Sorry, but iam having 50 docx now??. please tell me some idea
thumbnail
Olaf Kock,修改在6 年前。

Liferay Legend 帖子: 6403 加入日期: 08-9-23 最近的帖子
pramod kumara:
Sorry, but iam having 50 docx now??. please tell me some idea

"Batch conversion" makes a good search term. Keep LibreOffice in mind: It can read Word files and I've had great experience with batch processing office files with LibreOffice, reaching back to the time when StarOffice still existed.
thumbnail
pramod kumara,修改在6 年前。

ok Olaf, thank you so much for the information

regards,
Pramod Kumara DK
thumbnail
pramod kumara,修改在6 年前。

that docx file having images also, as you told I converted it into HTML format and I copy pasted the source code to wiki portlet. everything coming properly but images are not linking or visible. its showing empty block.
Please help me.
thumbnail
pramod kumara,修改在6 年前。

iam not gettting your line. "You can use the output as a starting point for the text that you copy into a wiki page"
I get .html file, how to use it in wiki portlet ??
thumbnail
Olaf Kock,修改在6 年前。

pramod kumara:
iam not gettting your line. "You can use the output as a starting point for the text that you copy into a wiki page"
I get .html file, how to use it in wiki portlet ??

Converting arbitrary formats into Wiki Formats (or into other arbitrary formats, for that matter) is always a lossy conversion. As nobody has written a fully automated conversion from Word to the specific Wiki Syntax that Liferay uses, you will most likely need to do a lot of the formatting (e.g. headlines) after importing the raw text. Thus, converting to HTML might provide you with a starting point that you'll have to work on. Word has a lot more powerful formatting options than Wikis have (by design Wikis are really weak on formatting - that's the whole point of a Wiki). If you're using those options, you'll most definitely loose some formatting.

Alternatively, Liferay Wikis allow you to use HTML formatting (though it'll probably be simplified). You can try to use the raw HTML from word and paste it into Liferay's Wiki "source" view and see what happens. The last Word-generated HTML I've seen though was horrible and I'd be happy to manually reformat any of its output. Unless you have 50 documents like doctoral thesis', of course.
thumbnail
pramod kumara,修改在6 年前。

is there any size limit for wiki portlet pages??
thumbnail
Olaf Kock,修改在6 年前。

Smaller than any technical limit is probably what a reader is prepared to read on a single Wiki page. Wikis are meant to be quick to access/create/edit.

Just because they can store any text does not mean that it's a good place to put your doctoral thesis (on a single page) and this question sounds like Wikis are not the right tool for the job you have in mind.