留言板

Document Viewer in Document Library Portlet

thumbnail
Mani kandan,修改在12 年前。

Document Viewer in Document Library Portlet

Expert 帖子: 492 加入日期: 10-9-15 最近的帖子
Hi all,

I want to include the facility Document Viewer in Document Library portlet that is no need to download the files.

See the below link,

http://www.scribd.com/doc/58341614/Longest-Day

How to show the Document Viewer same as the above link?
thumbnail
Mani kandan,修改在12 年前。

RE: Document Viewer in Document Library Portlet

Any help from Liferay guys?
thumbnail
Victor Zorin,修改在12 年前。

Liferay Legend 帖子: 1228 加入日期: 08-4-14 最近的帖子
We have a PDF document viewer portlet, that produces imagery out of Liferay Document Library.
Have a look at its live use here. If that's something you need, I can email it to you.
thumbnail
Leo PRATLONG,修改在12 年前。

Expert 帖子: 363 加入日期: 10-7-6 最近的帖子
Victor Zorin:
We have a PDF document viewer portlet, that produces imagery out of Liferay Document Library.
Have a look at its live use here. If that's something you need, I can email it to you.

Hi !

Is it a community plugin or a non OpenSource plugin ? Because I am interested in your PDF viewer for Document Library.
Please, let me know if it's possible to get it and which are the usage restrictions.

Thx !
thumbnail
Victor Zorin,修改在12 年前。

No, it is not an open source product. Will be available for downloading from 'marketplace' portal in a couple of weeks time, supports 3 license types, free by default, DIY and EE. We expect this portlet it to be a low cost item.
thumbnail
my phuong,修改在11 年前。

Junior Member 帖子: 34 加入日期: 12-11-27 最近的帖子
Victor Zorin:
No, it is not an open source product. Will be available for downloading from 'marketplace' portal in a couple of weeks time, supports 3 license types, free by default, DIY and EE. We expect this portlet it to be a low cost item.

Hi, I downloaded the war (trial version) and deployed it into Liferay portal ce 6.1. But in log file show error:
"ERROR [JFig:105] *** Unable to create configuration dictionary. Resource not found in classpath: vt-pc.config.xml ** "
Can you help me, please!
thumbnail
Mani kandan,修改在12 年前。

Victor Zorin:

Can I get some idea about this PDF document viewer portlet?
thumbnail
my phuong,修改在10 年前。

Junior Member 帖子: 34 加入日期: 12-11-27 最近的帖子
my email is sarahsam@ymail.com. Could you send me that portlet, thanks for help
thumbnail
Victor Zorin,修改在10 年前。

This portlet should work with this error message, it just says that the licence file could not be located, so portlet shall take the default licence settings.

If it does not work in your environment, use the 'Contact Us' form to get the assistance.
Muhammad Shuhir Idris,修改在10 年前。

New Member 帖子: 4 加入日期: 11-8-5 最近的帖子
Hi Victor,

The live sample that you have given look nice. Could you show me to bind with my project as URL ?
thumbnail
Juan Gonzalez P,修改在12 年前。

Liferay Legend 帖子: 3089 加入日期: 08-10-28 最近的帖子
Mani kandan:
Hi all,

I want to include the facility Document Viewer in Document Library portlet that is no need to download the files.

See the below link,

Liferay 6.1 includes document preview (PDF, DOC), so you can view all the document without downloading file. Download latest liferay sources, compile and deploy to test it.
thumbnail
Mani kandan,修改在12 年前。

Juan Gonzalez P:
Mani kandan:
Hi all,

See the below link,

Liferay 6.1 includes document preview (PDF, DOC), so you can view all the document without downloading file. Download latest liferay sources, compile and deploy to test it.

I am using LR 6.0.6.... Where can I find the document preview?
thumbnail
Leo PRATLONG,修改在12 年前。

Mani kandan:

I am using LR 6.0.6.... Where can I find the document preview?

You can find it on the trunk of liferay SVN, here : http://svn.liferay.com/repos/public/portal/trunk/
It'll be stable for the 6.1 version which will be released soon.
login: guest
empty passwd
thumbnail
Mani kandan,修改在12 年前。

You can find it on the trunk of liferay SVN, here : http://svn.liferay.com/repos/public/portal/trunk/
login: guest
empty passwd

Can i Upgrade it from LR 6.0.6 to 6.1?
Using this attached script sql file?
thumbnail
Leo PRATLONG,修改在12 年前。

Since the Liferay 6.1 version is still not an official release (but a trunk), I don't know if you'll be able to upgrade from 6.0.6 to 6.1 (the code and the database may change until the official release).
I have the same problem as you. I'll stay on 6.0.6 and when the 6.1 will be released, I'll make my upgrade. I think that's more secure (and I'm not an expert in Liferay, so it's less dangerous to do that way emoticon ).
thumbnail
Mani kandan,修改在12 年前。

Thanks Leo, Let's wait for an official release..
thumbnail
Mani kandan,修改在12 年前。

Hi Leo,

Here the link for Liferay 6.1 nighty build
Liferay 6.1
Vijay Mudivedu,修改在12 年前。

New Member 帖子: 20 加入日期: 11-7-18 最近的帖子
Hey Mani et al.,,

Do you know the latest date of 6.1 release?

I saw a nightly build of 6.1 dated10th October 2011. Are there going to be further builds? Do you the release date?

Thanks,
Vijay
thumbnail
Mani kandan,修改在12 年前。

Since the Liferay 6.1 version is still not an official release (but a trunk).
Firas B&D,修改在12 年前。

Junior Member 帖子: 43 加入日期: 11-10-3 最近的帖子
Juan Gonzalez P:
Mani kandan:
Hi all,

See the below link,

Hi Juan

how to do that? I can preview pdf, audio, video files and I can't preview the office and other document files ???
thumbnail

Firas B&D:
Juan Gonzalez P:
Mani kandan:
Hi all,

See the below link,

Hi Juan

how to do that? I can preview pdf, audio, video files and I can't preview the office and other document files ???

Hi Firas,

To convert office files you'd have to enable openoffice integration. Please search forums/wiki for getting info on how to do it.
Firas B&D,修改在12 年前。

Hi Juan, OpenOffice integration is enabled and I can convert documents but when I click to an extension to convert file It will be downloaded not preview with this extension.
There's not a solution to preview automatically office files ?
thumbnail
Sergio González,修改在12 年前。

Expert 帖子: 301 加入日期: 10-1-7 最近的帖子
Hi Firas,
The way Liferay previews is working is the following:
  • The file is uploaded to Documents and Media
  • This file is converted to PDF using (openoffice/libreoffice)
  • PDFBox converts the PDF to images
  • Images are displayed in the viewer and you can see them by clicking the document

Besides this functionality, you can also convert the document to the formats that openoffice/libreoffice supports for exporting.
Firas BD,修改在12 年前。

Hi Sergio,

Thanks for your information and how it works, but I need the configuration, what I have to integrate and what are the steps I should do, knowing that I am using Liferay 6.1 bundled with Tomcat 7.
thumbnail

Firas B&D:
Hi Juan, OpenOffice integration is enabled and I can convert documents but when I click to an extension to convert file It will be downloaded not preview with this extension.

Yep, it should work too only enabling openoffice integration. Sometimes it's a matter of file extension. Please can you attach here the screen?
thumbnail

Firas BD:

BTW, please check if there is any error in logs.
Igor Barma,修改在12 年前。

New Member 帖子: 16 加入日期: 09-9-30 最近的帖子
Hi,
don't know if it can help but it's what i did to convert files from document librairy in order to read it on frontend.
You have to install some tools on your server:
mencoder for the video
flvmeta to add metadata to flv files (pseudo streaming)
ffmpeg for sound
swfTools for image and pdf!!!
and of course you need openOffice for all office doc.

All the documents are converts to swf and show in flewpaper inside the browser (call tragetExtension with swf)
For video we use jwplayer and flv format (call tragetExtension with flv)

I attached some files in order you can take example on how we realize conversions.

You have to adapt it to fit your need!

I know it's not always the best way to do but it works for us...
Igor
Firas BD,修改在12 年前。

Thx Igor, I will try your steps emoticon
Igor Barma,修改在12 年前。

New Member 帖子: 16 加入日期: 09-9-30 最近的帖子
ok, but I think you have inspire you from what I did and rewrite all this step for your platform...
I wrote this for a liferay 5.2.3
Hope it helps you
Firas BD,修改在12 年前。

Hi all, everything is alright but I got this error when I am uploading a file.doc
I could preview the document, but Liferay 6.1 can't show me the Automatically Extracted Metadata:

the error log:
14:15:57,615 ERROR [TikaRawMetadataProcessor:103] Unable to parse
org.apache.tika.exception.TikaException: Unexpected RuntimeException from org.apache.tika.parser.microsoft.OfficeParser@2610e8
at org.apache.tika.parser.CompositeParser.parse(CompositeParser.java:199)
at org.apache.tika.parser.CompositeParser.parse(CompositeParser.java:197)
at org.apache.tika.parser.AutoDetectParser.parse(AutoDetectParser.java:135)
at com.liferay.portal.metadata.TikaRawMetadataProcessor.extractMetadata(TikaRawMetadataProcessor.java:100)
at com.liferay.portal.metadata.TikaRawMetadataProcessor.extractMetadata(TikaRawMetadataProcessor.java:54)
at com.liferay.portal.metadata.BaseRawMetadataProcessor.getRawMetadataMap(BaseRawMetadataProcessor.java:62)
at com.liferay.portal.kernel.metadata.RawMetadataProcessorUtil.getRawMetadataMap(RawMetadataProcessorUtil.java:41)
at com.liferay.portlet.documentlibrary.util.RawMetadataProcessorImpl.saveMetadata(RawMetadataProcessorImpl.java:100)
at com.liferay.portlet.documentlibrary.util.RawMetadataProcessorUtil.saveMetadata(RawMetadataProcessorUtil.java:89)
at com.liferay.portlet.documentlibrary.messaging.RawMetadataProcessorMessageListener.doReceive(RawMetadataProcessorMessageListener.java:33)
at com.liferay.portal.kernel.messaging.BaseMessageListener.receive(BaseMessageListener.java:25)
at com.liferay.portal.kernel.messaging.InvokerMessageListener.receive(InvokerMessageListener.java:65)
at com.liferay.portal.kernel.messaging.SerialDestination$1.run(SerialDestination.java:101)
at com.liferay.portal.kernel.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$WorkerTask._runTask(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:669)
at com.liferay.portal.kernel.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$WorkerTask.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:580)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619)
Caused by: java.lang.IndexOutOfBoundsException: Index: 16, Size: 2
at java.util.ArrayList.RangeCheck(ArrayList.java:547)
at java.util.ArrayList.get(ArrayList.java:322)
at org.apache.poi.hwpf.model.ListTables.getOverride(ListTables.java:165)
at org.apache.poi.hwpf.usermodel.ListEntry.<init>(ListEntry.java:41)
at org.apache.poi.hwpf.usermodel.Range.getParagraph(Range.java:831)
at org.apache.tika.parser.microsoft.WordExtractor.parse(WordExtractor.java:80)
at org.apache.tika.parser.microsoft.OfficeParser.parse(OfficeParser.java:182)
at org.apache.tika.parser.CompositeParser.parse(CompositeParser.java:197)
... 15 more
14:15:57,618 ERROR [SerialDestination:104] Unable to process message {destinationName=liferay/document_library_raw_metadata_processor, response=null, responseDestinatio
nName=null, responseId=null, payload=com.liferay.portal.repository.liferayrepository.model.LiferayFileVersion@b5edf9, values={principalPassword=firas, principalName=2,
companyId=1}}
com.liferay.portal.kernel.messaging.MessageListenerException: com.liferay.portal.kernel.exception.SystemException: java.io.IOException: Unexpected RuntimeException from
org.apache.tika.parser.microsoft.OfficeParser@2610e8
at com.liferay.portal.kernel.messaging.BaseMessageListener.receive(BaseMessageListener.java:31)
at com.liferay.portal.kernel.messaging.InvokerMessageListener.receive(InvokerMessageListener.java:65)
at com.liferay.portal.kernel.messaging.SerialDestination$1.run(SerialDestination.java:101)
at com.liferay.portal.kernel.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$WorkerTask._runTask(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:669)
at com.liferay.portal.kernel.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$WorkerTask.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:580)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619)
Caused by: com.liferay.portal.kernel.exception.SystemException: java.io.IOException: Unexpected RuntimeException from org.apache.tika.parser.microsoft.OfficeParser@2610
e8
at com.liferay.portal.metadata.TikaRawMetadataProcessor.extractMetadata(TikaRawMetadataProcessor.java:57)
at com.liferay.portal.metadata.BaseRawMetadataProcessor.getRawMetadataMap(BaseRawMetadataProcessor.java:62)
at com.liferay.portal.kernel.metadata.RawMetadataProcessorUtil.getRawMetadataMap(RawMetadataProcessorUtil.java:41)
at com.liferay.portlet.documentlibrary.util.RawMetadataProcessorImpl.saveMetadata(RawMetadataProcessorImpl.java:100)
at com.liferay.portlet.documentlibrary.util.RawMetadataProcessorUtil.saveMetadata(RawMetadataProcessorUtil.java:89)
at com.liferay.portlet.documentlibrary.messaging.RawMetadataProcessorMessageListener.doReceive(RawMetadataProcessorMessageListener.java:33)
at com.liferay.portal.kernel.messaging.BaseMessageListener.receive(BaseMessageListener.java:25)
... 5 more
Caused by: java.io.IOException: Unexpected RuntimeException from org.apache.tika.parser.microsoft.OfficeParser@2610e8
at com.liferay.portal.metadata.TikaRawMetadataProcessor.extractMetadata(TikaRawMetadataProcessor.java:105)
at com.liferay.portal.metadata.TikaRawMetadataProcessor.extractMetadata(TikaRawMetadataProcessor.java:54)
... 11 more
thumbnail
Natalie D,修改在12 年前。

Junior Member 帖子: 55 加入日期: 12-2-6 最近的帖子
I know it is quite old thread, but my answer may be useful for somebody.

Exception below
org.apache.tika.exception.TikaException: Unexpected RuntimeException from org.apache.tika.parser.microsoft.OfficeParser

Is caused by bug inside Apache Tika ver 0.9 tool which is being used under the hood be Liferay CE 6.1.0. By the way: this bug has been fixed in Apache Tika 1.0, but upgrading just one jar amog tens of others isn't trivial task.
thumbnail
Hitoshi Ozawa,修改在12 年前。

Liferay Legend 帖子: 7942 加入日期: 10-3-24 最近的帖子
Does anybody know if there is an issue created to fix this?