留言板

Default Personal Site and Dashboard for a new user

Anas MOKDAD,修改在6 年前。

Default Personal Site and Dashboard for a new user

New Member 帖子: 12 加入日期: 14-8-7 最近的帖子
Hello,

I'm using Liferay 7.0 CE GA4

What i'm trying to do is to assign a default site template for Users 's Personal Site and Dashboard.

When i create a new user via Administration, it is straighforoward to do this but when a user is creating his account himself (using create Under login form), i can't assign default site template.

Any idea about this ?

Thanks in advance.
Seth
thumbnail
Olaf Kock,修改在6 年前。

RE: Default Personal Site and Dashboard for a new user

Liferay Legend 帖子: 6403 加入日期: 08-9-23 最近的帖子
Create a UserGroup, assign the template you'd like to this user group. Then assign the user group to every new user by default (Control Panel / Instance Settings / somewhere - from memory). You can even retrofit the assignment to all existing users.
Seth Seth,修改在6 年前。

Thank you for your answer but:

If i do this users will share the same personal site, for example, all users can add messages on each other's microblogs

Any tunning to avoid this case ?

Thanks in advance.
thumbnail
Olaf Kock,修改在6 年前。

Seth Seth:
If i do this users will share the same personal site, for example, all users can add messages on each other's microblogs

Is this what you expect or what you have discovered? I haven't used this feature in this version yet, but it was meant to be a template that just is used to copy from - the content will be local to each user.
Seth Seth,修改在6 年前。

Sorry for being late,

this is the outcome of the tests i've already done.

Thank you.
thumbnail
Olaf Kock,修改在6 年前。

In that case, we'll need to sort things out:

1 Users do not share the same personal site.

2 I'm not using the Microblogging portlet - it might be that this portlet allows different people to add to everybody else's pages and microblogs. In that case it's just how the microblog has been implemented: To share the content with everybody. Or it's permissions: You might allow everybody to write on everybody else's microblog.

Sorry, I don't have the resources currently to look into the microblog portlet to provide a more detailed answer, can only give you some hints and directions.
Seth Stark,修改在6 年前。

Ok, i see.

Thank you for your answer.
Karl Chin,修改在6 年前。

Junior Member 帖子: 28 加入日期: 16-10-5 最近的帖子
Olaf Kock:
Create a UserGroup, assign the template you'd like to this user group. Then assign the user group to every new user by default (Control Panel / Instance Settings / somewhere - from memory). You can even retrofit the assignment to all existing users.

Hi Olaf,

If a user is in two group, and each group has its own theme assigned, how will liferay choose which theme to inherit for the default personal site?

Also, will the default personal site template affect the 'Welcome' page in 'My Dashboard'? As what I try, the 'Welcome' is not applying the default theme in my case.

TIA.

All the best,
Karl Chin