留言板

Portlet does not support this version of Liferay error

Bill Halpin,修改在6 年前。

Portlet does not support this version of Liferay error

New Member 帖子: 16 加入日期: 17-3-17 最近的帖子
I converted a few projects from 6.2 to 7.0 plugins and then used blade to convert them to Workspaces. Everything seemed to go according to plan and executed successfully. However when I try to deploy within LRIDE or just install a war file I get the aforementioned 'portlet does not support this version of liferay'.

I've gone back over the steps multiple times and cannot find anything I missed and even started from scratch to end up at the same point. Anyone have any ideas of what I need to be looking at?

Thanks

-bill
thumbnail
Olaf Kock,修改在6 年前。

RE: Portlet does not support this version of Liferay error

Liferay Legend 帖子: 6403 加入日期: 08-9-23 最近的帖子
If I remember correctly, liferay-plugin-package.properties had some options to declare the compatible versions. Check if you have this file still around (it used to be in WEB-INF when packaged in WAR files, from the top of my head I'm not sure where it's now)
Bill Halpin,修改在6 年前。

I do have that file; the seemingly relevant values are:

Module group id: liferay
module version: 1
Liferay versions: 7.0.0

Should this file not exist?
thumbnail
Andrew Jardine,修改在6 年前。

Liferay Legend 帖子: 2416 加入日期: 10-12-22 最近的帖子
Hi Bill,

Is there a stacktrace that you can share with us? Might help track down where in the source the exception is occurring so we can review the logic ...
thumbnail
Olaf Kock,修改在6 年前。

Liferay Legend 帖子: 6403 加入日期: 08-9-23 最近的帖子
Bill Halpin:
I do have that file; the seemingly relevant values are:

Module group id: liferay
module version: 1
Liferay versions: 7.0.0

Should this file not exist?

I haven't noticed it in the 7.0 times, but as it exists, it might have a reason - not sure, or it's just an oversight of the upgrade tool and should have been removed... However, in case it still has a point of being there, the declared Liferay version should be "7.0.0+", not "7.0.0", indicating that it can also deploy on versions later than 7.0 GA1 (which has the technical name of 7.0.0)

But please follow Andy's and Andrew's suggestion as well. If this is still an issue in the latest tools, it can be fixed. Or it might be already fixed and you should only use the latest upgrade wizard... Either way, this can help others who might run into the same issue.
thumbnail
Andy Wu,修改在6 年前。

Regular Member 帖子: 195 加入日期: 15-5-5 最近的帖子
Hi Bill , when you provide more info , could you share the version of IDE that you use ?
Bill Halpin,修改在6 年前。

IDE: Liferay IDE 3.1.0.201705141336-b1 in Neon

There isnt much of a stacktace:

java.lang.RuntimeException: com.liferay.portal.kernel.deploy.auto.AutoDeployException: com.liferay.portal.kernel.deploy.auto.AutoDeployException: portlet.war does not support this version of Liferay
at com.liferay.portal.osgi.web.wab.generator.internal.processor.WabProcessor.executeAutoDeployers(WabProcessor.java:366)
at com.liferay.portal.osgi.web.wab.generator.internal.processor.WabProcessor.autoDeploy(WabProcessor.java:253)
at com.liferay.portal.osgi.web.wab.generator.internal.processor.WabProcessor.getProcessedFile(WabProcessor.java:122)
at com.liferay.portal.osgi.web.wab.generator.internal.WabGenerator.generate(WabGenerator.java:80)
at com.liferay.portal.osgi.web.wab.generator.internal.connection.WabURLConnection.getInputStream(WabURLConnection.java:77)
at java.net.URL.openStream(URL.java:1045)
at org.apache.felix.fileinstall.internal.DirectoryWatcher.install(DirectoryWatcher.java:948)
at org.apache.felix.fileinstall.internal.DirectoryWatcher.install(DirectoryWatcher.java:870)
at org.apache.felix.fileinstall.internal.DirectoryWatcher.doProcess(DirectoryWatcher.java:485)
at org.apache.felix.fileinstall.internal.DirectoryWatcher.process(DirectoryWatcher.java:361)
at org.apache.felix.fileinstall.internal.DirectoryWatcher.run(DirectoryWatcher.java:313)
Caused by: com.liferay.portal.kernel.deploy.auto.AutoDeployException: com.liferay.portal.kernel.deploy.auto.AutoDeployException: portlet.war does not support this version of Liferay
at com.liferay.portal.tools.deploy.BaseDeployer.autoDeploy(BaseDeployer.java:225)
at com.liferay.portal.deploy.auto.ThreadSafeAutoDeployer.autoDeploy(ThreadSafeAutoDeployer.java:36)
at com.liferay.portal.kernel.deploy.auto.BaseAutoDeployListener.deploy(BaseAutoDeployListener.java:47)
at com.liferay.portal.osgi.web.wab.generator.internal.processor.WabProcessor.executeAutoDeployers(WabProcessor.java:363)
... 10 more
Caused by: com.liferay.portal.kernel.deploy.auto.AutoDeployException: biggrep-portlet.war does not support this version of Liferay
at com.liferay.portal.tools.deploy.BaseDeployer.deployFile(BaseDeployer.java:913)
at com.liferay.portal.tools.deploy.BaseDeployer.autoDeploy(BaseDeployer.java:222)
... 13 more

Thanks guys!
Bill Halpin,修改在6 年前。

Adding + to the version number seems to have solved the issue. I havent tested the actual application yet but it did deploy successfully which is where i had been stuck.

Thanks so much guys!

-b