留言板

Can't I set a workflow for Web Content contents?

Ra Jo Ga Cha,修改在6 年前。

Can't I set a workflow for Web Content contents?

Junior Member 帖子: 77 加入日期: 17-1-19 最近的帖子
Reding this I thought I found this must-have function, but I can set workflow for, for example, Documents and media contents, but not for Web cotents, which includes Basic web contents.

Liferay 7.0 GA4 there.
thumbnail
David H Nebinger,修改在6 年前。

RE: Can't I set a workflow for Web Content contents?

Liferay Legend 帖子: 14914 加入日期: 06-9-2 最近的帖子
Ra Jo Ga Cha:
Reding this I thought I found this must-have function, but I can set workflow for, for example, Documents and media contents, but not for Web cotents, which includes Basic web contents.

Liferay 7.0 GA4 there.

It is still there, but you define web content workflows under the web content control panel.

Come meet me at the 2017 LSNA!
Ra Jo Ga Cha,修改在6 年前。

Hm, I think there's something I'm misunderstanding.

When I go to Documents and Media, y can click in Options -> Edit and there is the workflow.
When I go to Web Content, there is no Edit or other option for Workflow, not even for the more accurate Basic Web Content structure. I can't neither see the option to create the folders which you mentioned.

I dont know what are you refering at with "web content control panel", options are Structures, Templates, Feeds, Export / Import and configuration. If you refer to admin interface's Control Panel - Configuration - Workflow Configuration, there's where there isn't a setting for Web Contents, there are Blogs Entry, Calendar Event, Comments, Message Boards Message, Page Revision, User, Wiki Page.

Thanks!
Ra Jo Ga Cha,修改在6 年前。

Hm, you mean at admin interface - Site - Content - Web Content? In the Options button I see Structures, Templates, Feeds, Export / Import and Configuration, but it isn't in any of these options, neither for each specific structure (p.e. Basic Web Content). I neither can't see the option to create folders, but anyway if workflow is only working for files in folders, somebody could just create a content outside of the folder and publish it without passing the desired workflow.

Edit: Sorry for doubleposting, unintentionally pressed Cancel, fast I pressed Publish, and page charged before posting so I thought it was lost emoticon
thumbnail

IIRC you define it via the dropdown on the folders - the folders define the workflow for the contents.

Ra Jo Ga Cha,修改在6 年前。

But again, users will be free to post out of the folders without a reviewer's control emoticon

How could I make a plugin to allow a workflow for the entire web contents? Or making this will make the DB to behave weirdly?
thumbnail

There should also be a similar option to configure workflow for the overriding parent folder.

Ra Jo Ga Cha,修改在6 年前。

I've been looking there for near an hour and definitely I can't find that option emoticon let me know if you find out where it is emoticon
thumbnail

RE: Can't I set a workflow for Web Content contents? (答复)

When you are on the "Home" folder in web content, choose the "i" icon button to the right, will be the left most button from the list. That opens the info sidepanel with the peapod that can get you to the edit pane. Once in there you can assign the workflow.

Ra Jo Ga Cha,修改在6 年前。

Many thanks! I don't know why is this option there and not in the Options button as it is for the other types of contents emoticon