留言板

LAR exported from 7 GA3 cannot be imported in 7 GA4

thumbnail
William Gosse,修改在6 年前。

LAR exported from 7 GA3 cannot be imported in 7 GA4

Liferay Master 帖子: 533 加入日期: 10-7-4 最近的帖子
I have an issue where a LAR exported from GA3 cannot be imported in GA4. It maybe related to this. I get the following error:
An unexpected error occurred with the publication process. Please check your portal and publishing configuration.

com.thoughtworks.xstream.converters.ConversionException: No field '_length' found in class 'com.liferay.portal.kernel.util.UnicodeProperties' : No field '_length' found in class 'com.liferay.portal.kernel.util.UnicodeProperties' ---- Debugging information ---- message : No field '_length' found in class 'com.liferay.portal.kernel.util.UnicodeProperties' cause-exception : com.thoughtworks.xstream.converters.reflection.MissingFieldException cause-message : No field '_length' found in class 'com.liferay.portal.kernel.util.UnicodeProperties' class : com.liferay.portal.kernel.util.UnicodeProperties required-type : com.liferay.portal.kernel.util.UnicodeProperties converter-type : com.thoughtworks.xstream.converters.reflection.SerializableConverter path : /Layout/_typeSettingsProperties/com.liferay.portal.kernel.util.UnicodeProperties/default/_length line number : 97 class[1] : com.liferay.portal.model.impl.LayoutImpl converter-type[1] : com.thoughtworks.xstream.converters.reflection.ReflectionConverter version : 1.4.7 -------------------------------
thumbnail
David H Nebinger,修改在6 年前。

RE: LAR exported from 7 GA3 cannot be imported in 7 GA4

Liferay Legend 帖子: 14917 加入日期: 06-9-2 最近的帖子
William Gosse:
I have an issue where a LAR exported from GA3 cannot be imported in GA4.

That has never been supported.

LAR export/import is limited to Liferays at the exact same version, even dot releases.

Come meet me at the 2017 LSNA!
thumbnail
William Gosse,修改在6 年前。

Ugh!

How about updating GA3 to GA4? I miss the fix packs the EE has.

I've seen stuff for updating 6.2 to 7.0.
thumbnail

Nope, LAR export/import has never supported moving content across different versions of Liferay.

Even for DXP, going from FP19 to FP20 is not supported.

The reason is that they do not version the LAR file. Because there's no versioning, you can't say "Hey, I'm LAR from GA3" because GA4 doesn't have the code/support to read that version.

For LAR files, both environments need to basically be duplicates of each other (same version, often same deployed portlets, same supported languages (although I believe that was reported as a bug at one point that might have been fixed), etc.).

thumbnail

William Gosse:
I've seen stuff for updating 6.2 to 7.0.

No you haven't.

The only thing you might have seen was someone updating their 6.2 environment (through the normal Liferay process) to 7.0, then continue with export/import once the environments are in sync.

thumbnail
Andrew Jardine,修改在6 年前。

Liferay Legend 帖子: 2416 加入日期: 10-12-22 最近的帖子
Hey William,

This probably won't help you but for myself, the only way I have ever gotten something like this to work (without man handling the LAR files) is to upgrade first, then export -> import. So if you upgrade your GA3 database to GA4, then choose to do the export you will (possibly) have better luck. I saw possibly only because I've always found the export/import process to be a bit of a crap shoot.
thumbnail
William Gosse,修改在6 年前。

Thanks, I'll probably just redo the site by hand. Its not that big.