留言板

Alloy UI or Metal.js in fragment

MIchael Virnig,修改在6 年前。

Alloy UI or Metal.js in fragment

New Member 帖子: 3 加入日期: 14-10-20 最近的帖子
I am moving some code from liferay 6.1 to liferay 7.
The code makes changes to what is now web-experience/portlet-configuration/portlet-configuration-web/src/main/resources/META-INF/resources/edit_permissions.jsp.

In liferay 6 the code was implemented with a hook.
In liferay 7, it looks like I will have to use a module fragment to replace this jsp.
My question is, does it make sense to use Alloy UI in the jsp or to switch to metal.js?
I know Alloy UI is deprecated so I hate to build new code with it.
Also is the switch to metal.js even possible here since I seem to be constrained to replacing jsps when I use the module fragment?
thumbnail
Nate Cavanaugh,修改在6 年前。

RE: Alloy UI or Metal.js in fragment

Junior Member 帖子: 94 加入日期: 06-11-27 最近的帖子
Hi MIchael,
I believe it should be possible to switch to Metal.js within the jsp fragment, but depending on what you're trying to do, it may or may not make sense to switch.
Long term, it would make more sense to switch to it, but again, even though AlloyUI is deprecated, it will still be available in 7.1 (though not included by default), so you should be able to get some mileage out of using it for now. A lot of the decision comes down to the amount of new code you're planning on writing. If it's simply porting it, I'd just go ahead and do that, since it will require the least amount of change.

However, if it's a considerable amount of new code, it could make sense to migrate to Metal.

Hopefully that makes sense, but let me know if you have any other questions emoticon
thumbnail
David H Nebinger,修改在6 年前。

Liferay Legend 帖子: 14915 加入日期: 06-9-2 最近的帖子
Nate Cavanaugh:
However, if it's a considerable amount of new code, it could make sense to migrate to Metal.

If we are supposed to migrate, where are the Metal JSP tags? Is there a migration path for AUI to Metal?

Come meet me at the 2017 LSNA!
thumbnail
Nate Cavanaugh,修改在6 年前。

Junior Member 帖子: 94 加入日期: 06-11-27 最近的帖子
If we are supposed to migrate, where are the Metal JSP tags? Is there a migration path for AUI to Metal?

We're still filling in some holes wrt to some of the components, and the AUI tags may stay there long term, or deprecated in some fashion or another, since there's not a ton of AUI specific JS in the existing tags.

Also, since we've been using Soy templates in portal, we're still exploring a few ways that we would leverage that without necessarily having to use new JSP tags (or not using any JSP tags at all).

We have a few internal projects that are using Metal in 6.2, but leveraging the JSX rendering layer, so that's always another possibility as well.
And we're also working on new documentation to point to for people to migrate existing AUI code as well.

HTH emoticon