留言板

Build LR7 from Git-Source

Christian Sperlich,修改在6 年前。

Build LR7 from Git-Source

New Member 帖子: 10 加入日期: 12-10-31 最近的帖子
Hi

we're currently on 6.2 and want to do some POC regarding Migration of existing portlets and Business Scenarios.

After installing Liferay7-CE-GA3 we're facing a lot of bugs, e. g. with forms and Workflows. Of course many of those bugs a fixed already but with CE we have to patch the Portal without Support from liferay ;-)

So, I tried to check out the source and build from Scratch. I've followed the link https://web.liferay.com/de/web/kyle.stiemann/blog/-/blogs/how-can-i-build-liferay-7-0-from-source-
with Liferay IDE 3.1M3

I scuessfully cloned the 7.0.x repository and run
ant clean all
. The tomcat Folder is created with 8.0.32 Tomcat-Version but no wars, jars etc. is build and moved to the bündle

What have I missed?

Thanks a lot for your help
Christian
thumbnail
Christoph Rabel,修改在6 年前。

RE: Build LR7 from Git-Source

Liferay Legend 帖子: 1554 加入日期: 09-9-24 最近的帖子
"ant deploy" works for me. Did you check the osgi/modules folder? Most jar files should be copied there.
Christian Sperlich,修改在6 年前。

New Member 帖子: 10 加入日期: 12-10-31 最近的帖子
Hi Christoph,

thanks for your answer! In the meantime I've tried nearly all the ant Targets ;-) Finnaly 'jar' did it.
Is there any documentation/tutorials on this Topic, best practices or something like this.
We realy like LR and are happy that Version7 Comes with a lot of 'state of the art' techiques but of course this implies a high learning curve.

Thanks a lot
Christian
thumbnail
abdul wahid,修改在6 年前。

New Member 帖子: 2 加入日期: 17-8-14 最近的帖子
Hi,

I do know that it's not easy to try all ant target. I know.
I am a newbie with Liferay. Been trying to figure out how to make this up an running from source (that 12GB github repo, clone --depth would help a lot).
And eventually I have Liferay7 up an running.
It just would be much easier if there are some kind of tutorials for a newbie like me who want to start a project using Liferay, and hopefully contributing.
It's not easy though, to make a tutorial based on a very active repo, one little major changes would make it irrelevant.

Hope Liferay found a solution for that giant repo and a clean tutorial to build it.

Thanks
thumbnail
Olaf Kock,修改在6 年前。

Liferay Legend 帖子: 6396 加入日期: 08-9-23 最近的帖子
If you need to patch Liferay for yourself, it might be better to stick with OSGi overrides in general and ext where absolutely required. This way you don't create a three-way-merge hell for yourself with the next available update. With every individual patch to Liferay's source code, you'll add to the inertia that keeps you from updating to the next version (and I'm only talking GA here, not major version)