留言板

Navigation menu is blank?

Jason Miller,修改在6 年前。

Navigation menu is blank?

Junior Member 帖子: 25 加入日期: 16-7-11 最近的帖子
I added a navigation menu to the top of all 4 public pages of my site, but it just says "Navigation Menu" and no menu. I went into the navigation menu configuration, and there is an empty dropdown list for Application Display Templates. I created a blank one, but I have no idea what to enter. It looks like it will use one of two languages, FreeMarker or Velocity. Either way, the list of variables on the left doesn't look like what I need, and clicking on them to add to the right and then clicking save&continue doesn't work either. I'm guess I need some kind of programmatic structure like xml or html of some kind? I could swear this liferay used to have a navigation menu with stuff in it. Any ideas how to get the menu populated for non-logged-in users? All users really, but logged in users have the control menu. Guests can type in other public pages and see them.

Can someone copy and paste me the FTL or VM of the default menu please?
thumbnail
David H Nebinger,修改在6 年前。

RE: Navigation menu is blank?

Liferay Legend 帖子: 14919 加入日期: 06-9-2 最近的帖子
You're not logged in. Do the pages have guest view permission?

Come meet me at the 2017 LSNA!
Jason Miller,修改在6 年前。

It seems to have the same behavior when logged in. Where would I see the guest view permissions?
Jason Miller,修改在6 年前。

I think I found it, under site templates. I added View down the line, but it didn't seem to affect the navigation menu.

Are you sure I don't need something in the display template dropdown? I've been flddling with the one I created, and I came up with this:

<#if entries?has_content>
    <ul>
	&lt;#list entries as navItem&gt;
	    &nbsp;<a href="${navItem.getURL()}">${navItem.getName()}</a>&nbsp;
	<!--#list-->
	</ul>
<!--#if-->

I have to go into each navigation menu pane and configure and select the display template, but once I do, the menu works reasonably well, although not nearly as nice as the original one. Any chance you can dig up a copy of the stock version?
thumbnail
David H Nebinger,修改在6 年前。

Liferay Legend 帖子: 14919 加入日期: 06-9-2 最近的帖子
There are default ADTs that just work.

If your issue is from your own ADT, well then of course the problem lies with the ADT itself.

Come meet me at the 2017 LSNA!
Jason Miller,修改在6 年前。

Yes, exactly. Will you please copy and paste me a default one since mine seem to be completely missing?