留言板

Issue downloading attachments from a forum

Pedro Antón González,修改在7 年前。

Issue downloading attachments from a forum

New Member 帖子: 4 加入日期: 17-4-13 最近的帖子
I've been testing Liferay CE 7.0.2 GA3 for a week, and I've an issue with forum attachments: I just can download a single attachment per session. If I try to download a second one, I get nothing: no on-screen erros, no error in the liferay log...
Feeling that I might have done something stupid with liferay users permissions, I granted everyone allmost all permissions, but dowloads still were working all the same: Only one download per session.

After that, I installed a new copy of Liferay CE 7.0.2 GA3, and created a new forum. Still only one attachment download per session.

Then, I installed Liferay DXP (30 days trial license). Downloads worked. No need to open a new session for each download.

I've been crawling the internet and the Community forums, looking for some explanation. I expected something like "CE version is restrited to one download per session". That would be fine, because the community edition might be somewhat limited (in fact, it does not work with HA components). But I've found nothing.

Chances are I'm looking in the wrong direction, but, ¿does anyone know if there is some limitations about attachment downloads in the CE?

Later on, trying other things, we've discovered that though navigating out of the page and into it again does not help, pressing F5 and reloading makes the trick: thus, to download another file, you need to reload the page.
All this behaviour has been checked with IE 11 , Chrome 57 and Firefox 52, under Windows 10 64 bit and Windows 7 (32 bit)
thumbnail
Juan Gonzalez,修改在7 年前。

RE: Issue downloading attachments from a forum

Liferay Legend 帖子: 3089 加入日期: 08-10-28 最近的帖子
Pedro Antón González:

I've been crawling the internet and the Community forums, looking for some explanation. I expected something like "CE version is restrited to one download per session". That would be fine, because the community edition might be somewhat limited (in fact, it does not work with HA components). But I've found nothing.

Chances are I'm looking in the wrong direction, but, ¿does anyone know if there is some limitations about attachment downloads in the CE?

Later on, trying other things, we've discovered that though navigating out of the page and into it again does not help, pressing F5 and reloading makes the trick: thus, to download another file, you need to reload the page.
All this behaviour has been checked with IE 11 , Chrome 57 and Firefox 52, under Windows 10 64 bit and Windows 7 (32 bit)

Hi Pedro. It looks like a bug in SPA module. Can you disable or remove SPA module completely? (you can use gogo shell to disable it temporary or go to /osgi/marketplace/Liferay CE foundation.lpkg and update that lpkg by removing com.liferay.frontend.js.spa.web-1.0.10.jar, then restart).

Then refresh to see how is working...
Pedro Antón González,修改在7 年前。

New Member 帖子: 4 加入日期: 17-4-13 最近的帖子
Thank you very much.

Right now I'm out of office (small holidays), but I've tried to disable the SPA support, first by removing the jar file, with some weird outcome (objects misplaced through all the webpage, may be I should have cleared the navigator cache), then by placing a
javascript.single.page.application.enabled=false
property in my portal-ext.properties.
This second approach succeded, and now I'm able to download files without reloading the portal. This I did at home, under Windows, after verifying the problema was consistently appearing under Windows and a somewhat different java versión.

I just cannot believe I'm the only one on Earth that ever tried to download two files from Liferay 7.0 GA3.

I'm gonna write my boss so she can try it with the original configuration.

Due to the fact we are newbies to this product, We cannot assess wether this property limits the functionality of the portal or not. I think that means we should keep reading documentation.
thumbnail
Juan Gonzalez,修改在7 年前。

Liferay Legend 帖子: 3089 加入日期: 08-10-28 最近的帖子
Pedro Antón González:

I just cannot believe I'm the only one on Earth that ever tried to download two files from Liferay 7.0 GA3.

You are not the only for sure, it's a known bug: https://issues.liferay.com/browse/LPS-70368. This should be available in next GA4 version.

Pedro Antón González:

Due to the fact we are newbies to this product, We cannot assess wether this property limits the functionality of the portal or not. I think that means we should keep reading documentation.

No, it shouldn't limit any feature. Briefly explained, SPA should just improve user experience by caching requests changing html links using javascript.