留言板

LR 6.2: Asset Publisher doesn't show full content

Klaus Bachmaier,修改在7 年前。

LR 6.2: Asset Publisher doesn't show full content

Regular Member 帖子: 223 加入日期: 13-9-30 最近的帖子
In one of our customers portals the asset publishers suddently stopped working. We noticed that during a routine test, and I don't know since when and why that happened. Problem is, that all Asset Publishers in the portal can't display any kind of content in "Full Content" view mode. Doesn't matter if the Asset Publishers contains web contents of any kind, documents or whatever. They can display "Abstracts", but whatever content I try to open in Full Content mode from an Asset Publisher, it only remains blank. Chrome Developer Tools show me an empty <div> inside the <portlet-body> of the Asset Publisher, even with the default "classic" Theme, so it seems not to be related to the Theme.

There is absolutely nothing about that in the log files. (I'm doing a "tail -f" on the logs while trying to open a web article from the AP).
Servers are still running with Java 7.

Any ideas on how to figure out was has happend here?
thumbnail
David H Nebinger,修改在7 年前。

RE: LR 6.2: Asset Publisher doesn't show full content

Liferay Legend 帖子: 14919 加入日期: 06-9-2 最近的帖子
Check your ADT definitions as well as web content structures and templates. Any issues with those can affect the display.
Klaus Bachmaier,修改在7 年前。

Hi David,
thanks for your answer. But I tried without any custom ADT and just with "Basic Web Content" type articles. So no ADT's and no structures/templates. Also I would expect to see parsing errors in the server console or logs if there would be any problems with templates or ADT's

A bit more background information: We discovered these problems, while doing some tests after I installed fixpack 135 on the server. (I've tested before on my local machine, and there aren't any issues with that fixpack). However, even a rollback to Fixpack 128, on which the server had run before, doesn't solve the problem. So I'm not sure if the patch really had something to do with the problem. On the other hand: This problem is so obvious, that I expect it would have been noticed, if it would have there before I started patching the server.
thumbnail

Have you opened a LESA ticket on it yet?
Klaus Bachmaier,修改在7 年前。

Just solved this issue. It wasn't a general Liferay problem, but the customer was using JSP Hooks on the Asset Publisher, an obviously he deployed several versions of this hook in the past, without first undeploying the older versions. Therefore the original Asset Publisher JSP's wheren't available in the portal, even when I undeployed the Hook, a faulty and outdated version of the hooked JSP has been put in place, and the problem persisted. Seems that Liferay now changed some Asset Publisher JSP's, so that this hook wasn't working anymore. Strange thing is, that I never saw any kind of JSP (Jasper) exception in the server logs, which could have pointed me to this problem.
thumbnail

Jasper will only report compile time or run time errors.

It will not report bad or ineffective code (otherwise we'd all be in trouble emoticon).
Klaus Bachmaier,修改在7 年前。

Correct, but in this case the hook altered the init.jspf of the asset publisher, and therefore some imports, which are used in different subpages of the asset publisher, where missing. So this should have thrown compile time errors.
thumbnail

Nope.

The only time JSP is recompiled is when the JSP timestamp changes. So the initial JSP was compiled, that included the init.jsp, into a class.

Meanwhile the init.jsp was changed which would have triggered a recompile on it, but not on all of the jsp that included it.

So as long as the timestamps on those JSP didn't change, they would not have been recompiled and the missing imports would not have been noticed.