留言板

SSL handshake exception in initBundle

S Ts,修改在7 年前。

SSL handshake exception in initBundle

New Member 帖子: 16 加入日期: 16-8-31 最近的帖子
Im getting an SSL handshake exception when either one of my colleagues or I try to run the initBundle gradle task. We can download the bundle manually from the liferay downloads page but it would be nice to be able to download the bundle through gradle.

I was able to run this task a few weeks ago without exception. (to reproduce we simply download eclipse with the liferay plugin and run initBundle)

Working Directory: /home/stredger/Documents/onc/dfo/dfo-science-reporting
Gradle User Home: /home/stredger/.gradle
Gradle Distribution: Gradle wrapper from target build
Gradle Version: 3.0
Java Home: /usr/lib/jvm/java-8-oracle
JVM Arguments: None
Program Arguments: None
Gradle Tasks: initBundle

:downloadBundle FAILED

FAILURE: Build failed with an exception.

* What went wrong:
Execution failed for task ':downloadBundle'.
> javax.net.ssl.SSLHandshakeException: Received fatal alert: handshake_failure

* Try:
Run with --stacktrace option to get the stack trace. Run with --info or --debug option to get more log output.

BUILD FAILED

Total time: 1.332 secs

this is our bundle url in gradle.properties

liferay.workspace.bundle.url=https://sourceforge.net/projects/lportal/files/Liferay%20Portal/7.0.2%20GA3/liferay-ce-portal-tomcat-7.0-ga3-20160804222206210.zip

Is anyone else encountering this issue? Any help would be greatly appreciated!
thumbnail
Olaf Kock,修改在7 年前。

RE: SSL handshake exception in initBundle

Liferay Legend 帖子: 6403 加入日期: 08-9-23 最近的帖子
S Ts:
I was able to run this task a few weeks ago without exception. (to reproduce we simply download eclipse with the liferay plugin and run initBundle)

Are you sitting behind a proxy that uses a certificate not trusted by Java? Maybe this is new in your network infrastructure or you didn't run from within the same network a few weeks ago?
S Ts,修改在7 年前。

New Member 帖子: 16 加入日期: 16-8-31 最近的帖子
Hmm yea nothing that we are aware of unfortunately but we are part of a University so something definitely could have changed somewhere. Unfortunately I have a hazy understanding of certs, but it seems safe to assume if no one else is encountering this it is something on our end.
thumbnail
Denis Kipchakbaev,修改在7 年前。

New Member 帖子: 9 加入日期: 13-3-18 最近的帖子
Error:
Execution failed for task ':downloadBundle'.
javax.net.ssl.SSLHandshakeException: Received fatal alert: handshake_failure

Environment:
JDK: jdk1.8.0_121
IDE: Liferay IDE 3.1.0 M2
Gradle: 3.0

Solution:
Download http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javase/downloads/jce8-download-2133166.html
copy and overwrite local_policy.jar and US_export_policy.jar
in $JAVA_HOME/jre/lib/security/

Explication:
Unlimited Strength Java(TM) Cryptography Extension (JCE)
Due to import control restrictions of some countries, the version of the JCE policy files that are bundled in the Java Runtime Environment, or JRE(TM), 8 environment allow "strong" but limited cryptography to be used. This download bundle provides "unlimited strength" policy files which contain no restrictions on cryptographic strengths.
thumbnail
Brendan Johan Lee,修改在6 年前。

Junior Member 帖子: 38 加入日期: 12-2-29 最近的帖子
Thanks. Indeed.

sudo apt-get install oracle-java8-unlimited-jce-policy

did the trick for me. What an insane issue. @Greg - would probably be a great idea if you could add this to the readme file?
thumbnail
Cody Hoag,修改在6 年前。

Junior Member 帖子: 70 加入日期: 12-4-26 最近的帖子
Hey Brendan,

This issue is documented in Liferay's official docs: Certification Issues in Liferay Workspace.

Are you referring to the liferay-blade-cli repo's README ? The most up-to-date and maintained docs are on LDN. We should probably just have the README point to our official docs to avoid confusion.
thumbnail
Gregory Amerson,修改在6 年前。

Liferay Legend 帖子: 1123 加入日期: 10-2-16 最近的帖子
Cody Hoag:
Hey Brendan,

This issue is documented in Liferay's official docs: Certification Issues in Liferay Workspace.

Are you referring to the liferay-blade-cli repo's README ? The most up-to-date and maintained docs are on LDN. We should probably just have the README point to our official docs to avoid confusion.

Could you send a PR for the blade cli repo to point out to official docs?

Thanks
thumbnail
Cody Hoag,修改在6 年前。

Junior Member 帖子: 70 加入日期: 12-4-26 最近的帖子
Gregory Amerson:

Could you send a PR for the blade cli repo to point out to official docs?

Yep, will do!
thumbnail
Andrew Jardine,修改在6 年前。

Liferay Legend 帖子: 2416 加入日期: 10-12-22 最近的帖子
Just to forewarn anyone else who comes along this.

I am using Linux with oracle java 8. I have had to make several changes to my configuration to get the juniper client to run for wed based vpn connections (only ever been able to get this working with Firefox). I just did was was suggested here and that item being added has buggered my config so now I can't get on the VPN. I try to uninstall it, but no luck.

I am assuming I can fix this by starting all over for my vpn config, but that really sucks. Had I known this would happen I would have just stuck with manual installation of the bundle. emoticon
thumbnail
Christoph Rabel,修改在6 年前。

Liferay Legend 帖子: 1554 加入日期: 09-9-24 最近的帖子
There is a web based client?
Didn't know that, I use a script to connect to juniper vpn. Found it on github and made some fixes. If you like, I can provide you with the script and some configuration help.
thumbnail
Andrew Jardine,修改在6 年前。

Liferay Legend 帖子: 2416 加入日期: 10-12-22 最近的帖子
I think I know the one you are referring to -- is it the mad scientist juniper script?

I used to use that script (if that is the one you are referring to) a while ago. I had it all setup but it was a pain in the butt (for me) because once you hit the VPN you needed to extract a value from a cookie (DSID or something?) and then use that as part of the script execution. Then one day I was reading the 400 thousand comments on the page that I followed to set it up and found that someone posted detailed steps on how to get it to work (I think using the 64bit JRE) without having to do that step. It only worked in FF but once connected I just switched back to Chrome.

It was working perfectly until I ran that update yesterday emoticon. I spent a few hours last night trying a dozen different things but so far no joy. If you are willing to help out then that'd be great! -- are you on the liferay-community.slack.com channel? If you are I can ping you there rather than pollute the forum with Ubuntu challenges emoticon
thumbnail
Christoph Rabel,修改在6 年前。

Liferay Legend 帖子: 1554 加入日期: 09-9-24 最近的帖子
We discussed it on slack, just for completeness in case somebody is curious or finds this thread with the keyword juniper:

I use an older version of this script:
https://github.com/russdill/juniper-vpn-py/blob/master/juniper-vpn.py
I have applied a patch found in the pull requests. Otherwise it won't clean up correctly when closing the connection. Well, maybe the current version does, I never updated it since I got it working.
thumbnail
Alessandro Candini,修改在6 年前。

Regular Member 帖子: 130 加入日期: 15-10-17 最近的帖子
This is tracked with issue IDE-3084, and solved simply opening liferay-workspace/settings.gradle file and changing com.liferay.gradle.plugins.workspace version number to 1.5.0.