留言板

Problem accessing structure field when localized

thumbnail
Fernando Fernandez,修改在7 年前。

Problem accessing structure field when localized

Expert 帖子: 396 加入日期: 07-8-22 最近的帖子
Hi guys,

I'm creating a template for a custom structure with localizable fields mixed with non-localizable fields. This in 6.2 CE with Velocity.

To simplify, let's say my structure has two fields: name (text), localizable and picture (a d&m link), non-localizable.

Now, the user has created a web content with this structure with a base locale of pt_PT and a translation for en_US. The user has input name in the two languages but the web content editor only asked for the default locale picture - and that's the expected behaviour.

The problem is that in the template I'm accessing the picture url with
$Picture.getData()

but this only works when the user has the default language selected (pt_PT). As soon as the user switches to en_US, the method result becomes empty.

Since getData() does not have a $locale parameter, I wonder how can I get the correct value in the template.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance

Fernando
thumbnail

RE: Problem accessing structure field when localized

The stranger thing with this issue is that the problem exists only when the template is being used in an asset publisher on a display page.

If I put a web content display with this particular content/template the getData() method returns the correct localized content in any language...

Fernando
thumbnail

I must correct myself.

The getData() in the template works well for all locales if called by a WCD in a page with nothing else.

But If I add another simple WCD with a dummy text the getData() stops working for all but the default locale. I mean, the getData for non-localizable fields. For the localizable fields it works OK.

The problem exists both in Velocity and Freemarker templates.

Fernando
thumbnail

This seems to be a bug, so I opened issue LPS-70430 in Jira.