留言板

Liferay Push Version

reda zejli,修改在7 年前。

Liferay Push Version

New Member 帖子: 10 加入日期: 16-9-1 最近的帖子
Hey Everybody ,
I am developping an android app communicating with a liferay portal and I want to use liferay push.
I want to know what is the exact version of liferay push I need to use.
My liferay portal is a : Liferay Portal Community Edition 6.2 CE GA6 .

Thank you.
thumbnail
Andrew Jardine,修改在7 年前。

RE: Liferay Push Version

Liferay Legend 帖子: 2416 加入日期: 10-12-22 最近的帖子
It looks like this one -- https://web.liferay.com/marketplace/-/mp/application/48439053
thumbnail
Denis Signoretto,修改在7 年前。

Expert 帖子: 375 加入日期: 09-4-21 最近的帖子
Looking at Version History, at the moment I'm writing, last version supported by Liferay 6.2 GA2, is the 1.3.0.
thumbnail
Andrew Jardine,修改在7 年前。

Yep -- that looks right to me, and I wouldn't expect anything newer since I haven't seen any commits to the 6.2 branch for a reeeeeeeeeeeeally long time now. The good thing is that there is still a 7.0 version at least, so anyone who wanted to continue to improve the 6.2 version, based on changes added for 7 could do so.
thumbnail
Javier Gamarra,修改在7 年前。

Expert 帖子: 348 加入日期: 15-2-12 最近的帖子
Although not officially supported 1.4.x works with Liferay 6.2 and 2.x too, after ironing out some issues with the compatibility plugin (and some new screenlets doesn't work with 6.2).
thumbnail

Hi Javier,

Liferay Push Portlet 2.x, if I'm not wrong, is composed by OSGI bundles. Event though is not supported, can be installed successfully on Liferay 6.2.0 GA6?

Thanks,
Denis.
thumbnail
Javier Gamarra,修改在7 年前。

Expert 帖子: 348 加入日期: 15-2-12 最近的帖子
I should check it but I'm pretty sure it wouldn't deploy emoticon
thumbnail
Andrew Jardine,修改在7 年前。

It might deploy -- 6.2 did come bundled with an OSGi container and you COULD technically write OSGi based plugins for it -- however, if memory serves me, Liferay didn't recommend deploying those plugins into production. I don't think it had so much to do with them working or not but more to do with the fact that OSGi support in 6.2 was still pretty raw and there was a high probability of it changing in 7.

With that said, there's certainly no harm is trying to deploy to see what happens! emoticon
thumbnail
Bruno Farache,修改在7 年前。

Liferay Master 帖子: 603 加入日期: 07-5-14 最近的帖子
I've backported some stuff to 6.2.x:

https://github.com/brianchandotcom/liferay-plugins/pull/5357

There aren't many changes though, the portlet itself is pretty stable and had almost all features needed.

Right now I'm working on supporting Firebase Cloud Messaging. It should work on both 7.0 and 6.2.
thumbnail

Good to hear Liferay is working on support for Google Firebase. Can you give us a forecast about release date emoticon?
thumbnail
Bruno Farache,修改在7 年前。

Liferay Master 帖子: 603 加入日期: 07-5-14 最近的帖子
I didn't find any good firebase client in java and had to write our own:
https://github.com/brunofarache/fcm-client

I'm almost finished with it, once it's done, I will write a custom sender in the portlet that uses this little lib.

I open for contribution emoticon, specially on the portlet side.