留言板

Multilevel workflow in custom portlet

thumbnail
Ujjainee Sarkar,修改在7 年前。

Multilevel workflow in custom portlet

Regular Member 帖子: 127 加入日期: 16-7-20 最近的帖子
I have read in several articles that the code for multilevel approval of custom workflow are written in some default.xml of the liferay portlet. I want to know what is its location? Is it automatically created or we need to manually create it? And if we are going to create it where it should be created? Is there any other way of creating multilevel workflow in custom portlet of liferay? Please help.
thumbnail
Konrad Szeromski,修改在7 年前。

RE: Multilevel workflow in custom portlet

New Member 帖子: 16 加入日期: 14-9-19 最近的帖子
Could You provide more information about Your specific use-case?
Generally Liferay is using Kaleo engine for processing workflows. Processes and tasks are defined in XML files and operate on Liferay's assets.
This resource could be helpful for You: https://dev.liferay.com/discover/portal/-/knowledge_base/6-2/using-workflow
thumbnail
Ujjainee Sarkar,修改在7 年前。

Actually I have already built my custom workflow for single level approval. Now I want to build multi level workflow. So I want to know where and what changes should be made? (I have read certain documents regarding this where they are providing the source code for multi level workflow but I can't understand where the changes are to be made! So I need a clear idea about that.)
thumbnail
Konrad Szeromski,修改在7 年前。

New Member 帖子: 16 加入日期: 14-9-19 最近的帖子
As far as I understand You need to put some additional steps to Your workflow which will be creating new tasks for diffrent roles in Organization and will accordingly change status of processed object.
You can do it directly in XML or in Kaleo Designer: https://dev.liferay.com/develop/tutorials/-/knowledge_base/6-2/installing-kaleo-designer-for-java-liferay-portal-6-2-dev-guide-07-en
thumbnail
Ujjainee Sarkar,修改在7 年前。

Thanx Konrad! Actually I wanted to know the path where I should keep my xml. I think I have found it:
tomcat-7.0.42\webapps\kaleo-web\WEB-INF\src\META-INF\definitions

Can you please confirm is this path correct for storing my multilevel xml file as i found the default single-approval-definition.xml file in this path only?
thumbnail
Fernando Fernandez,修改在7 年前。

Expert 帖子: 396 加入日期: 07-8-22 最近的帖子
Hi Ujjainee,

If you want to install a new workflow definition you just have to go to the control panel / configuration / workflow and use the "Upload definition" button on the "Definitions" tab.

HTH

Fernando
thumbnail
Ujjainee Sarkar,修改在7 年前。

Yes that is for uploading the definition of workflow. But I'm asking from where will I get this xml. I mean I have to store this xml somewhere so that i can upload it in my workflow definition. Does it has any specific path?
thumbnail
Fernando Fernandez,修改在7 年前。

Expert 帖子: 396 加入日期: 07-8-22 最近的帖子
Ujjainee Sarkar:
Yes that is for uploading the definition of workflow. But I'm asking from where will I get this xml. I mean I have to store this xml somewhere so that i can upload it in my workflow definition. Does it has any specific path?

I don't think so. You get it from the sources and store it wherever it suits you until you upload it to the server. Maybe there's a more automated way to do it but I'm not aware of it.

HTH

Fernando