留言板

Viewing and web content and template editor in the page seems broken

thumbnail
William Gosse,修改在7 年前。

Viewing and web content and template editor in the page seems broken

Liferay Master 帖子: 533 加入日期: 10-7-4 最近的帖子
If I go to a page that contains a web content display portlet and then select edit the buttons to publish or cancel appear vertically in the middle of the page. Is there a fix for this?
thumbnail
Nick Burton,修改在7 年前。

RE: Viewing and web content and template editor in the page seems broken

Junior Member 帖子: 51 加入日期: 14-7-13 最近的帖子
Hello,

I am getting the same issue.

Did you find a fix?

The problem is from the Admin themes main.css

As I understand it, 'absolute', should say, 'fixed'.
Though I don't know if this will cause issues elsewhere in the admin sections or how to apply this fix to the underlying admin theme.

.dialog-with-footer .button-holder.dialog-footer {
background-color: #FFF;
border-top: 1px solid #e5e5e5;
bottom: 0;
left: 0;
margin: 0;
padding: 10px 15px;
position: absolute fixed;
width: 100%
}
thumbnail
Andrew Jardine,修改在7 年前。

Liferay Legend 帖子: 2416 加入日期: 10-12-22 最近的帖子
I just did a few checks on issues.liferay.com and I can't find any references to this issue. I would suggest reporting it there to get it on Liferay's radar (in case it is not already) -- and then create your own patch for now. I mean it's ugly, but at least the buttons still work! emoticon
thumbnail
William Gosse,修改在7 年前。

Its interesting that this issue doesn't exist in DXP, only in CE, so they must have fixed it there already.

Where are the themes in 7 CE? I can't seem to find them like use to be able in 6.2.

Its little things like this that sometimes makes Liferay a hard sell into an organization. I'd have a hard time demonstrating Liferay's WCM to the UX director with this kind of issue. He'd probably tell me to use Wordpress if he saw this.
thumbnail
Andrew Jardine,修改在7 年前。

Sure, like wordpress doesn't have a whole santa clause list of garbage that it comes with. That would just prove why your UX guy isn't in charge, or shouldn't be in charge, of making TECHNOLOGY decisions.

Are you looking for the custom themes that you deploy? or for the ones that are bundled with the installation (classic, etc)?

let me amend with something at least.

If you go into the gogo shell and do a

$>lb | grep theme

.. you'll get a list of themes that are currently installed. If I take, for example the admin-theme I can see that it has a bundle ID of 485. Next go to liferay.home/osgi/state/org.eclipse.osgi/485/0 and you will find a bundle file there. If you extract it, you will see all the theme files.

Yes, a lot has changed, and it always seems like it is worse at first -- I banged my head against the wall (and still do) plenty with all these new changes. But like all technology, eventually you make it to the light emoticon. Have faith WIlliam! You've been around long enough to know why you would choose LR or ... WP *barf*.
thumbnail
Nick Burton,修改在7 年前。

Hello Andrew,

Sorry to labour this point.
Is there no quick way to add, ADMIN THEME CSS, overrides like in the, Look & Feel, window of each site?

There are other issues with, ADMIN THEME. For example, the toggle button does not show in the header bar if the page is on a desktop machine and the tooltip hovers over the toggle button if I drag the window narrow. A narrow window is the only way to get the toggle button to show.

I need to fix the scrolling PUBLISH bar and the toggle button CSS and it seems a little beyond my own skills.

I'm not familiar with the Live-Build shell that you mention. I have installed Live-build and nothing gets displayed when I type, lb | grep theme.

I did see someone mention the toggle button bug before and they received instructions, but I cannot find this post anywhere.

If you can point me in the right direction I would really appreciate it.

Thanks in advance.

Nick
thumbnail
Andrew Jardine,修改在7 年前。

Hey Nick,

That post with the lb | grep theme was just to give an idea of how to find the core themes. The control panel in Liferay is just another site, which itse;f has a theme applied. If you like, you can actually apply your own theme to the control panel using the property --

#
    # Set the theme of the layout.
    #
    control.panel.layout.regular.theme.id=admin_WAR_admintheme

With that in mind, and assuming that you are able to fix all your issues with new CSS styles, you could try creating a NEW control panel theme, setting the parent to the admin_WAR_admintheme, and then overriding the styles with the settings that fix the issues. I've never actually tried anything like this but logically, it should work. I would just be thorough in my testing if you do try this to make sure that you don't end up breaking something else emoticon
thumbnail
Nick Burton,修改在7 年前。

Brilliant. I will give it a go. Thanks.
thumbnail
Andrew Jardine,修改在7 年前。

Do me a favour Nick and let us know how it goes. If that approach works, then it'd be good to leave that cookie trail here in the forums for the next person who comes along emoticon
thumbnail
William Gosse,修改在7 年前。

Andrew Jardine:
Sure, like wordpress doesn't have a whole santa clause list of garbage that it comes with. That would just prove why your UX guy isn't in charge, or shouldn't be in charge, of making TECHNOLOGY decisions.

Are you looking for the custom themes that you deploy? or for the ones that are bundled with the installation (classic, etc)?

let me amend with something at least.

If you go into the gogo shell and do a

$>lb | grep theme

.. you'll get a list of themes that are currently installed. If I take, for example the admin-theme I can see that it has a bundle ID of 485. Next go to liferay.home/osgi/state/org.eclipse.osgi/485/0 and you will find a bundle file there. If you extract it, you will see all the theme files.

Yes, a lot has changed, and it always seems like it is worse at first -- I banged my head against the wall (and still do) plenty with all these new changes. But like all technology, eventually you make it to the light emoticon. Have faith WIlliam! You've been around long enough to know why you would choose LR or ... WP *barf*.

Yes your right every software package has its worts. The good news is that I got the go ahead to start using DXP for my next project which will be the re-implementation of our existing employee intranet. Its a going to be a big job that will rely heavily on DXP's web and document management.
thumbnail
Andrew Jardine,修改在7 年前。

That sounds great! I haven't had a chance to really dig into the WCM and DM features in 7 yet but from the little bits and pieces that I have played with I like some of the new features. I look forward to hearing some of your feedback (good and bad if course ;)).
Paul Allain,修改在7 年前。

Junior Member 帖子: 77 加入日期: 13-9-3 最近的帖子
Is there a practical solution for those of us who are still facing this annoying bug?
Thanks
thumbnail
Andrew Jardine,修改在7 年前。

Hi Paul,

Feels to me like there are two options. If you are an EE subscriber, you can open a support ticket with LR and request a fix. If you are not an EE subscriber and are instead using the CE version, then they solution proposed here is your course of action (creating your own extended theme) -- or waiting for a GA that fixes it. I wouldn't wait for a GA if I were you -- especially with a fix that is so elementary to do on your own.