留言板

Audit trail on documents

Fabricio Alvarez,修改在7 年前。

Audit trail on documents

New Member 帖子: 4 加入日期: 08-2-1 最近的帖子
Hello,

We would need to know the actions of users in Liferay site , in the handling of documents. For example:
- If a document was downloaded, which user, IP , at what time , etc.
- If a document was locked, by which user, etc.
- Also, knowing when a user enters the site , at which point , IP , etc.

We are evaluating the EE version (Liferay DXP 7.0) to purchase the subscription. The Audit Trail hook found that covers access to resources, but only for managing users and pages ( user login , access to pages , etc. )
That we not found and want to know if it is possible to have audit for actions on documents .

Thanks since now,
regards
Fabricio
thumbnail
David H Nebinger,修改在7 年前。

RE: Audit trail on documents

Liferay Legend 帖子: 14917 加入日期: 06-9-2 最近的帖子
Yes Audit can be used for docs too. The provided Audit framework is given as a template that you can use to add additional auditing.

For your example you'd want to add additional model listeners to trap the add/update events, maybe a service wrapper to trap lock events, and likely either a JSP hook or struts action override to trap downloads.

For the "knowing when user enters the site", this kind of info should already be trapped by the current post login hook implemented in the Auditing framework.

Come meet me at the LSNA!

Thanks David for the quick answer! Ok, but this functionality (audit trail for documents) is not included out of the box (even in EE version) ? , we dont want (and have no time in the project) to develop some custom hooks or write custom code (we thought it was a specific configuration in document & library for example) ...
thumbnail
David H Nebinger,修改在7 年前。

Sorry, but the audit framework is just that, a framework.

It isn't completely flushed out because, honestly, every organization that would use auditing has their own set of requirements for what to capture and how much. They couldn't really develop a "one size fits all" solution, so Liferay provides a framework that you can use to implement your audit requirements.

Sorry it's not exactly what you're looking for, but you might try approaching Liferay sales or one of the Liferay partners. All of these entities would be able to help you implement your auditing requirements using the Audit framework, allowing you to focus on your business deliverables instead of the necessary Audit custom coding.

Come meet me at the LSNA!

Ok, I fully understand now, thanks David again for your answer!
Best regards,
Fabricio
thumbnail
Denis Signoretto,修改在6 年前。

Expert 帖子: 375 加入日期: 09-4-21 最近的帖子
Hi David,

for Liferay DXP version I didn't find any specific documentation. Can you tell me if exist documentation about all "audit hooks" available OOTB or whether the Audit Hooks reported in the related Wiki page is valid for Liferay DXP as well?.

Thanks,
Denis.
thumbnail
David H Nebinger,修改在6 年前。

Some of the implementation stuff has changed slightly, Denis, but for the most part everything you find on my wiki page applies still to DXP. In fact, the audit module for DXP contains the same old audit message builder classes that I covered too.
thumbnail
Denis Signoretto,修改在6 年前。

Expert 帖子: 375 加入日期: 09-4-21 最近的帖子
Hi David,
thanks for your reply. To avoid misunderstanding "your" wiki page is the same I've linked or you are meaning a different one?
thumbnail
David H Nebinger,修改在6 年前。

Sorry, Dennis, I didn't check the link. I originally authored https://web.liferay.com/community/wiki/-/wiki/Main/Adding+Auditing+Functionality+to+Portlets.

In either one, though, all of the concepts still pretty much apply to DXP and will help you understand Liferay auditing.
thumbnail
Aldo De Vleeschauwer,修改在6 年前。

Junior Member 帖子: 35 加入日期: 11-3-9 最近的帖子
Hi Denis,

I was also looking for more information and found the following:

Both articles by Antonio Musarra, very detailed, complete and have accompanying sample code. I found the first article only in Italian, probably not an issue for you. Google Translate is my friend emoticon

Aldo.