留言板

Liferay 7 Guestbook Example

thumbnail
Gustavo Oliveira,修改在7 年前。

Liferay 7 Guestbook Example

Junior Member 帖子: 98 加入日期: 15-9-23 最近的帖子
Hi, is there an example like the complete guestbook portlet to 7?

Ive only found this examples:

https://github.com/liferay/liferay-blade-samples/tree/master/liferay-workspace/modules

Im trying to test a full crud with all features like guestbook, but Im having a hard time trying to do so. The service builder worked the first time I ran it but when I try to change the service.xml I get an "Could not create IProjectBuilder for..." error.
Antonio Javier Ortega Pérez,修改在6 年前。

RE: Liferay 7 Guestbook Example

New Member 帖子: 3 加入日期: 15-7-15 最近的帖子
Hi Gustavo, Did you found something?Liferay 7 lacks really usefull documentation. Learning paths that were present in liferay developer network 6.2 nowadays doesn't exist for 7.
thumbnail
Gustavo Oliveira,修改在6 年前。

After 1 year using it, I would recommmend OSGI only for pretty simple portlets. Like a custom form to send email, front end effects or something like that.

But if you need a portlet that will have a few lib dependencies, I would recommend you try the WAB approach. For example this JSF portlet:

https://dev.liferay.com/pt/develop/tutorials/-/knowledge_base/7-0/generating-a-jsf-application

Its a pain to declare a lot of lib depencies using OSGI, you will get a lot of lib conflict problems. Thats only my opinion, some ppl seems to like lots of lines of depency declarations.

Another big change: they have separated Theme generation from the Developer's Studio saying that this way web developers will use the tools they are used too. Well if you have small agile teams that do both they are screwed, needs to install a lot of JS tools and even the deploy is using Gulp. I think now its possible to do it in the developer studio, its showing the option. But didnt try it yet.

My workspace is a mess, gradle portles, liferay workspace, maven portlets, osgi, war projects, jsf. Lots of osgi extension, service builders, persistence portlets... Sometimes I have to create the same portlet using Gradle and Maven, hopping one of of them work.
thumbnail
Milen Dyankov,修改在6 年前。

Expert 帖子: 310 加入日期: 12-10-30 最近的帖子
Hi Gustavo,
I'm sorry to hear about your negative experience! Have you checked the latest IDE? Is it still missing the features you need? Are the command line tools not working for you or you just find them less convenient than the IDE?

I'd appreciate if you can summarize how your development process looks like and describe the issues you are facing! Feel free to send that information to developer-relations@liferay.com
Constructive feedback is always welcome and helps us better understand fellow developers and improve.
thumbnail
Gustavo Oliveira,修改在6 年前。

Hey Milen,
Was just an update from 1 year using it, we started a product a few months after DXP launch so we had a LOT of problems. Most of them I opened topics in the forum, sent emails and even talked on Liferay Symposium events.
Yes I try to keep the plugin and the portal updated.
The problem is always having to do the same thing several times to achieve something simple that worked pretty fine on 6.2. Whats the point on having the IDE option if at the end will only work using command line tools?
But anyway, a lot of bugs were fixed and some I dont know if its working now. I just avoid it, will try to test some later.
thumbnail
Milen Dyankov,修改在6 年前。

HI Antonio,
not sure what exactly you are looking for but the documentation for service builder is here https://dev.liferay.com/develop/tutorials/-/knowledge_base/7-0/service-builder

Please have a look and let me know if there is something that is missing.
If something is not clear or wrong, you can give feedback directly in the doc pages (you need to be logged in to see the feedback button).
I also suggest to join Liferay Community Chat where Liferay employees and community members hang out and can help you.

New Member 帖子: 22 加入日期: 11-4-20 最近的帖子
Thanks to all for the replies.

What I was looking for is the subject of the post, "Liferay 7 Guestbook Example". In Liferay 6 developer network was available the learning paths, and especialy, the Guestbook example. Through the tutorial you ended up having a complete CRUD application with Service Builder, friendly URLs, workflow, etc.

The tutorial gave you instructions, chunks of code and more and at the end you had the whole application, and if something went wrong, you had the source code available in GitHub. Is there any tutorial like this for Liferay 7?
thumbnail
Milen Dyankov,修改在6 年前。

I'm afraid I'm not familiar with Guestbook Example you mentioned. Do you happen to have a URL (even no longer working one) to it? If it was something Liferay maintained, I'll try to find out what happened to it and why it's not available anymore.

That said, for 7.0 you have examples in blade-samples repo about Service Builder and Friendly URL and many more. You can also have a look at one of the many plugins in Liferay Plugins repository. Last but not least as Liferay platform is open source you can have a look at the code of OOTB applications.
thumbnail
Richard Sezov,修改在6 年前。

Regular Member 帖子: 220 加入日期: 07-2-7 最近的帖子
Hi Antonio,

Thanks for asking about the MVC Portlet Learning Path. We're almost finished working on the one for 7.0, and it should be published within a week or so. If you'd like to see the work in-progress, it's in my GitHub repository here:

https://github.com/sez11a/liferay-docs/tree/mvc-learning-path/develop/tutorials/articles/03-developing-a-web-application

We plan to follow this up quickly with a mobile Learning Path for Android, followed by a similar one for iOS.

Hope this helps!

Hi, thanks for the replies.

@Mile, the tutorial that i am refering is:
https://dev.liferay.com/develop/tutorials/-/knowledge_base/6-2/writing-a-liferay-mvc-application
I know I can learn looking for pieces of information, and looking at the source code, but is much easier and better having a tutorial

@Richard
Thanks, it will be very usefull, i’ll be waitin for it
thumbnail
Richard Sezov,修改在6 年前。

Regular Member 帖子: 220 加入日期: 07-2-7 最近的帖子
Hi Antonio,

Just wanted to let you know that we've published the 7.0 Learning Path on Developing a Web Application.

Enjoy!

Thanks! It will be very usefull!