留言板

Server starting forever - Liferay 7/Eclipse Neon

Gael Onno,修改在7 年前。

Server starting forever - Liferay 7/Eclipse Neon

New Member 帖子: 4 加入日期: 15-6-10 最近的帖子
Hi

I installed on a Win 7 PC Eclipse Neon, Liferay SDK 3.0.0, identGuide (not related but just in case) and jdk 8u92. I also downloaded from source forge Liferay 7.0.1 GA2.
I created a new Liferay server in Eclipse pointing on the root directory of my portal install and change the max memory from 1024 to 8096.
When I started the server, everything was fine on the console, my favorite browser started on cue and I was able to configure the database (PostGreSQL 9.4 (base name: lportal2). I restarted the server and then got the error : server timeout in 900 s despite the following line in the console :

[indent]24-Jun-2016 12:34:33.560 INFO [main] org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.start Server startup in 98206 ms[/indent]

Everything else is fine in the console (no Error code) and only one warning :
[indent]12:33:29,958 WARN [localhost-startStop-1][EmbeddedElasticsearchConnection:249] Liferay is configured to use embedded Elasticsearch as its search engine. Do NOT use embedded Elasticsearch in production. Embedded Elasticsearch is useful for development and demonstration purposes. Remote Elasticsearch connections can be configured in the Control Panel.[/indent]

Does anyone have the same problem with Eclipse neon ?

Gael

EDIT 1 : I just tested on Eclipse Mars with SDK 3.0.0 and everything is fine. The server move from starting state to started state normally.
thumbnail
Adam Victor Brandizzi,修改在7 年前。

RE: Server starting forever - Liferay 7/Eclipse Neon

New Member 帖子: 13 加入日期: 13-3-11 最近的帖子
Hello Gael.

It is difficult to pin down what cause problems like this one. Yet, I had this problem these days and solved it.

The problem happened because I had a directory liferay-portal-7.0.x where was my portal-ext.properties and my bundle. In my portal-ext.properties, I had the option liferay.home=/home/fulano/bundles/liferay-portal-7.0.x.

Then I needed another bundle, so I copied recursively liferay-portal-7.0.x to liferay-portal-master. However, I forgot to change the value of liferay.home in the new bundle's portal-ext.properties. Eclipse Neon always failed to recognize the server was up.

Once I updated the value to the correct path, it worked.

So, the TL;DR is: check whether there is a wrong value to liferay.home in properties files:

• portal-ext.properties
  • portal-setup-wizard.properties
  • portal-developer.properties

It may not solve your problem, but it is worth a try, I guess.
Gael Onno,修改在7 年前。

RE: Server starting forever - Liferay 7/Eclipse Neon

New Member 帖子: 4 加入日期: 15-6-10 最近的帖子
Thank you for your reply.
For the moment, I solved the problem by using eclipse Mars for my upcoming app delivery (which is very soon).
I have a quick look into my install and all portal-* you point me to have the right liferay.home value (when the property is declared).
But I think you may be onto something so I will look more deeply into my install at the end of the week (after my deadline... ).

Gael