留言板

Social Office for Liferay 7

Toch d Ninja,修改在7 年前。

Social Office for Liferay 7

Regular Member 帖子: 105 加入日期: 06-10-30 最近的帖子
Hi,

Please can someone confirm if Social Office ships with Liferay 7. If so how can it be configured.

If not, when will it be available.

I tried some portlets under the Social section of Liferay 7 add portlets but they didn't provide Social Office functions.

Regards,
Toch
thumbnail
Javier Gamarra,修改在7 年前。

RE: Social Office for Liferay 7

Expert 帖子: 348 加入日期: 15-2-12 最近的帖子
I think this is the wrong forum, this one is for mobile development with Liferay Screens, did you get here by a link somewhere?
Toch d Ninja,修改在7 年前。

Hi All,

I am still awaiting a feedback on the above.

Regards,
Toch
thumbnail
Alberto Chaparro,修改在7 年前。

Liferay Master 帖子: 549 加入日期: 11-4-25 最近的帖子
Hi Toch,

Social Office as one product will not be available in Liferay 7 however most of the portlets which belonged to Social Office are available in Liferay 7 so that you can use that funcionality.

For users using Social Office and upgrading from 6.2 to 7, we will publish a documentation about it soon, meanwhile upgrade your portal following the upgrade documentation:
https://dev.liferay.com/discover/deployment/-/knowledge_base/7-0/upgrading-to-liferay-7

Best regards.
Toch d Ninja,修改在7 年前。

Hi,

Thanks for your feedback. I am already aware of this information. My question is where do I find these portlets.

Liferay 6.2 enables users to create Sites that already bundles the SO pages. Is there a deliberate effort to make Liferaty 7CE versions difficult to use??

Social Office requires portlets for; microblogs, freind requests, notifications, profile, connections, etc
What are the equivalent portlets for these in Liferay 7 as I did not find most of these under Social Office section in Liferay 7 GA2 CE.

Also, most of the portlets under Social in Liferay 7 such as wall, activities, etc were looking blank and did not look like the previous SO 3.1 modules in 6.2.

Regards,
Toch
thumbnail
Alberto Chaparro,修改在7 年前。

Liferay Master 帖子: 549 加入日期: 11-4-25 最近的帖子
Hi Toch,

Despite you don't find a plugin for those portlets (as in the past), most of them (tasks portlet has been removed) have been included as a modules in Collaboration Suite:
https://web.liferay.com/es/marketplace/-/mp/application/74593617
You can find them under Collaboration or Social categories in the portal.

Regarding your sentence:
Liferay 6.2 enables users to create Sites that already bundles the SO pages. Is there a deliberate effort to make Liferaty 7CE versions difficult to use??

If we were making efforts to difficult the use of CE portal I wouldn't answer your question neither my colleagues would answer other questions in this forum. There have been changes between 6.2 and 7 in the same way than there were modifications between other old versions but, at least in this case, they apply to CE and EE users. I really like to read your feedback and issues to try to improve and help you with them but it would be nice if you wait for having all the information before saying that about us.

Anyway, please, let me know if you still have any doubt about social office.

Best regards.
Toch d Ninja,修改在7 年前。

Hi,

Thanks for all the feedbacks. I have been using Liferay for over 10yeaers and it remains the best portal in the world.

Based on your feedback, I still have a request, can we get guidance on how to use available portlets in Liferay 7 create pages that are similar to the SO Dashboard Site and SO Profile Site as it exists in 6.2, in this new Liferay 7.

Regards,
Toch.
thumbnail
Jamie Sammons,修改在7 年前。

Expert 帖子: 301 加入日期: 14-9-5 最近的帖子
Hi Toch,

The best way to do this in Liferay 7 is to build up Site Templates for the user profile and dashboard pages. Then when you create a user you can attach those Site Templates to the User.

How Social Office used to do it was it would watch for when users were added to the Social Office User Role and then assign the Site Templates to the user for you.

-Jamie
Toch d Ninja,修改在7 年前。

Hi,

Thanks for the feedback. However, I already know this. me and my team are advanced senior liferay developers.

Firstly, I have created a sample SO Site in my Liferay 7 CE and I want to build it up, I have added some portlets such as Microblogs, Documents, Connections, etc. But I need to have User Photo and Name on all the pages, just like in 6.2 SO. Where do I find the portlet for User Photo/Name in this new version 7??

Secondly, Liferay 7 CE demands that some of the SO portlets be placed on a User page. I understand this to be the portlets required for a Profile Site. How do I create a User Page so I can create an SO Profile Site??

Thirdly, what are the main functions in Documents and Media, my expectation is that a document can be opened and modified within Liferay 7 CE and also be shared within certain group of users. Just like in Sharepoint. How do I setup Documents and Media portlet to achieve this??

Fourthly, I am sure Liferay 7 CE can be integrated with Active Directory as this a key feature with intranet portals so that Users are automatically logged in to Liferay on an auto-opened browser as soon as they are authenticated on their Microsoft desktop. Please what are the steps to achieve this.

Finally, is there any module of Liferay 7 CE for Business Intelligence or which open source front end BI tool can be plugged to Liferay 7. BI module that can enable users connect to external database and generate reports from front end is a key feature of Intranet Portals.

Regards,
Toch
thumbnail
Jamie Sammons,修改在7 年前。

Hi Toch,
I went ahead and installed an Social Office 3.1 CE server and upgraded it to Liferay 7.0 CE GA2. It provides a pretty good example of how you would configure Liferay 7 to include the SO functionality. Out of the box Liferay 7 ships with two additional themes called the User Dashboard and User Profile. Applying those themes to the User Profile and User Dashboard Site Templates should allow you to propagate them down to the users and give you the profile pic functionality you are looking for.

I am attaching a MySQL database dump from my upgraded Liferay 7 server that you should be able to import and test to see it for yourself.

Hope that helps,
-Jamie
Toch d Ninja,修改在7 年前。

Hi,

Thank you for this. So can this database work with my current deployment of Liferay 7 GA2 in tomcat??

Regards,
Toch
thumbnail
Jamie Sammons,修改在7 年前。

Yes it was built with Liferay 7 GA2 on Tomcat. Sorry I forgot to mention that.
-Jamie
Toch d Ninja,修改在7 年前。

Hi,

Thanks for this. Please confirm the user login email and password for Supar Admin for me to login to liferay using the data you sent.

I have noticed only the classic theme is available on liferay 7 GA2. You mentioned there are 2 other themes for Profile and Dashboard are available on liferay 7 but I did not see them.
Also, I have not seen the chat panel at the base of the portal.

Regards,
Toch.
thumbnail
Jamie Sammons,修改在7 年前。

Hello,

The login should be the default: test@liferay.com with the password: test

I had to set to properties before it would let me login:

passwords.encryption.algorithm.legacy=NONE
passwords.encryption.algorithm=NONE

The chat-portlet appears to be getting worked on but I'm not sure what the plan is for a release.

Those additional themes are there for me in a default installation. When you go into change the theme it should list out: User Dashboard and User Profile themes. I'm attaching a screenshot to show what I see.
Toch d Ninja,修改在7 年前。

Hi,

Thanks for all your help. Please confirm that only Tomcat Liferay 7 GA 2 CE is OK to run this on mySQL with no additional Liferay files.
I started the portal successfully but when I tried to login. I got this error below.

http://localhost:8080/web/guest/home?p_p_id=com_liferay_login_web_portlet_LoginPortlet&p_p_lifecycle=1&p_p_state=normal&p_p_mode=view&p_p_col_id=column-1&p_p_col_count=1&_com_liferay_login_web_portlet_LoginPortlet_javax.portlet.action=%2Flogin%2Flogin&_com_liferay_login_web_portlet_LoginPortlet_mvcRenderCommandName=%2Flogin%2Flogin

Regards,
Toch
thumbnail
Jamie Sammons,修改在7 年前。

You should only need 7.0 GA2 for this to run. I think that was the error message that I got when I didn't have to two properties set. Are you seeing anything in your server logs when you get that message?
Toch d Ninja,修改在7 年前。

Hi,

Thanks for the feedback. I have logged in successfully. I am currently having the following issues:

1)I created a new Site with the SO Home SIte Template and when I Saved, I got the portlet not available error. I am getting errors because some files in document library .... 25890.jpg.. in the SO Site templates are not in my system.

2) I am getting an error that the Task portlet and Event portlet has been undeployed.

3) I am getting an error that the message portlet must be placed on a user page

4) I am not able to add any document or folder to the Document and Media module

5) Does this mean that passwords can be seen on user table. (not encrypted)

6) How do I apply the SO Profiel theme to the SO Home Site template. I tried doing this but the SO Home Site is still looking like the Dashboard theme

Regards,
Toch
thumbnail
Jamie Sammons,修改在7 年前。

Hello,

I wanted to clarify this sample was provided to show what Templates need to be present to create a experience similar to Social Office on Liferay 6. Its not meant to be a complete solution but to only give you an idea of how it could work. The idea was you could use this as an example and create these templates in your own Liferay 7 Server.

1)I created a new Site with the SO Home SIte Template and when I Saved, I got the portlet not available error. I am getting errors because some files in document library .... 25890.jpg.. in the SO Site templates are not in my system.

The SO Home Site Template should only be used when creating Users. There is a section that says "Personal Site Template" where you can set the SO Home and Dashboard Templates respectively. The document library errors are happening because I didn't include the data dir since the Document Library wasn't relevant to what I was trying to show.

2)I am also getting an error; theme not found with specified theme id classic. returning to default theme.

This is an issue related to upgrading Liferay 6 to Liferay 7. It really shouldn't get in the way of the example.

3) I am getting an error that the Task portlet and Event portlet has been undeployed.

Tasks and Events don't have a Liferay 7 counterpart. So they would just be left off when creating a Site Template.

4) I am getting an error that the message portlet must be placed on a user page

The SO User Home and SO User Dashboard Templates should never be used to create Sites. They are only meant to be used when creating a User.

5) I am not able to add any document or folder to the Document and Media module

Documents and Media won't work properly since I didn't include the data directory.

6) Does this mean that passwords can be seen on user table. (not encrypted)

Since this was only meant to be an example I wasn't worried about security.

I apologize for any misunderstanding and I appreciate your patience as we work through this.

Regards,
Toch
Toch d Ninja,修改在7 年前。

Hi,

Thanks for your correspondence so far.
However, based on my experience so far. Me and my team are beginning to think Liferay 6.2 + SO 3.1 is better than Liferay 7 based on the following experiences with Liferay 7;

1) Difficulty in creating my own SO Site/Themes from available portlets in Liferay 7
2) We have not been able to add any documents nor folders in Liferay 7 Document Management.
3) Liferat 7 has NO chat portlet
4) Liferay 7 is also very poor quality themes compared to SO 3.1 themes.

Please What can be done to bridge these gap.

Regards,
Toch
Kim Zeevaarders,修改在7 年前。

Junior Member 帖子: 82 加入日期: 12-9-7 最近的帖子
Alberto Chaparro:

For users using Social Office and upgrading from 6.2 to 7, we will publish a documentation about it soon, meanwhile upgrade your portal following the upgrade documentation:

any news on this?
Vlad Gets,修改在7 年前。

New Member 帖子: 8 加入日期: 16-11-2 最近的帖子
Is it working?
srikanth gnana,修改在7 年前。

New Member 帖子: 5 加入日期: 14-1-9 最近的帖子
Any progress???

Regards
Srikanth.
thumbnail
Jamie Sammons,修改在7 年前。

Hi all, the details of the Social Office to Liferay 7 upgrade has been released. Please find the blog announcement for more details.
thumbnail
Juan Gonzalez,修改在7 年前。

Moved to a better category

Liferay Legend 帖子: 3089 加入日期: 08-10-28 最近的帖子
Moved to a better category