留言板

Question about issues solved in patches

Fabiana Laufer,修改在7 年前。

Question about issues solved in patches

New Member 帖子: 4 加入日期: 13-3-1 最近的帖子
Whenever I look ta the release notes of a patch, I see that every issue solved has a name starting with "LPE" followed by a dash and a number. Sometimes this is related to an issue named "LPS" or "BPR" followed by a number. For the BPR it is not possible to follow the link without logging in to another site. Sometimes the LPE is not related to any other issue.

Can someone explain what does this nomenclature means?
thumbnail
David H Nebinger,修改在7 年前。

RE: Question about issues solved in patches (答复)

Liferay Legend 帖子: 14914 加入日期: 06-9-2 最近的帖子
All tickets have a prefix on them representing the project they originate from.

LPS is the prefix for Liferay CE. BPR is a backport request to carry a later fix backwards to an older version of Liferay EE. LPE is the prefix for Liferay EE 6.2 or earlier.

In processing bugs entered on issues.liferay.com, they will sometimes transition between JIRA projects and hence will have different prefixes at different times. Sometimes issues reported start as an LPS but get resolved in EE long before being available in the next CE release (one of the many benefits of a Liferay subscription is that you don't have to wait for patches between GA releases) so an LPS will have a corresponding LPE bug.
Fabiana Laufer,修改在7 年前。

RE: Question about issues solved in patches

New Member 帖子: 4 加入日期: 13-3-1 最近的帖子
David H Nebinger:
All tickets have a prefix on them representing the project they originate from.

LPS is the prefix for Liferay CE. BPR is a backport request to carry a later fix backwards to an older version of Liferay EE. LPE is the prefix for Liferay EE 6.2 or earlier.

In processing bugs entered on issues.liferay.com, they will sometimes transition between JIRA projects and hence will have different prefixes at different times. Sometimes issues reported start as an LPS but get resolved in EE long before being available in the next CE release (one of the many benefits of a Liferay subscription is that you don't have to wait for patches between GA releases) so an LPS will have a corresponding LPE bug.

David, thanks for your answer, it is very clear. I still have a question. Suppose we are following an issue (LPS) and it appears as solved. Where do I see which is the corresponding LPE and in which patch has it been released? Is this information found somewhere in the LPS?
thumbnail
Juan Gonzalez,修改在7 年前。

RE: Question about issues solved in patches

Liferay Legend 帖子: 3089 加入日期: 08-10-28 最近的帖子
Hi Fabiana,

if already delivered in a fixpack, you should see in that LPS a special tag with a pattern like "liferay-fixpack-portal-ZZ-YY", being ZZ a number and YY the version (6130 or 6210 depending on your version).