留言板

Breakpoints ignored in Eclipse?

thumbnail
Kravchenko Dmitry,修改在13 年前。

Breakpoints ignored in Eclipse?

Regular Member 帖子: 139 加入日期: 10-10-4 最近的帖子
How to debug liferay portlets in Eclipse? I have breakpoints totally ignored, while server is working, "Debugging" flag is indicated and protlet is started with "Debug As..." command.

What can prevent debugger work?
thumbnail
Mika Koivisto,修改在13 年前。

RE: Breakpoints ignored in Eclipse?

Liferay Legend 帖子: 1519 加入日期: 06-8-7 最近的帖子
Check that your project is in the Source tab in Debug Configurations. If it's not then the breakpoints are ignored.
thumbnail
Minhchau Dang,修改在13 年前。

Liferay Master 帖子: 598 加入日期: 07-10-22 最近的帖子
Additionally, if you aren't running the Tomcat server from within Eclipse, make sure that your Tomcat instance is configured for debugging and your Eclipse is configured to hook into it, as described on the Tomcat Wiki.
thumbnail
Kravchenko Dmitry,修改在13 年前。

Regular Member 帖子: 139 加入日期: 10-10-4 最近的帖子
Thank you, it started to work!

It is stange although: why it was so? While adding your option, I saw that there was "Default" entry in "Sources" tab, which, in turn, was containing some names of my project. Why wasn't it work w/o explicit setup?

Directly speaking: why Eclipse does not execute a direct order of "debug on server" which it is given? What is the sense of "debug" command if the source doesn't set in the tab?
kavya m,修改在7 年前。

New Member 帖子: 15 加入日期: 16-7-8 最近的帖子
Hi All,
Am using liferay-portal-6.2-ce-ga2 with eclipse IDE. I have created a new portlet using view.jsp & edit.jsp page, Both pages are ceated under docroot . When am debugging edit.jsp page using break points on server. Its not working.

my Question is:
Is it possible to debug jsp page using break points in eclipse.? What are the steps?

can any one help me with step-by-step