留言板

Something goes wrong with pootle and Liferay 7 ?

thumbnail
Denis Signoretto,修改在8 年前。

Something goes wrong with pootle and Liferay 7 ?

Expert 帖子: 375 加入日期: 09-4-21 最近的帖子
Hi,

I was reviewing italian translation for Liferay 7 on pootle. On 15/01/2016 it was around 100% of completion. At the moment I'm writing I've seen all top languages are incomplete and reports a pootle last update 2016-01-16 10:58.

Something is going wrong in pootle ?
BTW, Which version of Liferay will be the last available to include updated translations?

Thanks,
Denis.
thumbnail
Rasto Rehak,修改在8 年前。

RE: Something goes wrong with pootle and Liferay 7 ?

Junior Member 帖子: 66 加入日期: 07-3-8 最近的帖子
The difference is 7% , it is huge. I know how long i takes to translate so many words.
Rasto
thumbnail
James Falkner,修改在8 年前。

Liferay Legend 帖子: 1399 加入日期: 10-9-17 最近的帖子
I dunno for sure but possibly new projects have been created during the last sync between github and pootle? Still doesn't explain the drop, unless the new projects were created but their existing translations weren't brought over. Daniel will know for sure! Now where is that guy....
thumbnail

I've checked differences between Blog Web module xlf file I've exported for offline tranlation on 01/14/2016 and the same file exported today. On a first analysis it seems that at the same time there are new translations keys available for tranlastion (e.g. blogs.portlet.instance.configuration.name) and previoulsy translated keys that are now in english reported as translated (pootle marks them unchanged).
thumbnail
Daniel Sanz,修改在8 年前。

Regular Member 帖子: 143 加入日期: 10-12-14 最近的帖子
Hi guys,

last days we made a big sync from master.

As James points out, a bunch of new projects shown up. In addition, we made our best to keep exisiting translations in pootle which now are in a different source module in master. This is a complex operation as we need to track where keys were moved in case they change from a module to another.

As a result, existing translations made in pootle for, say, portal-impl module should now be in another project. If it was already translated, then it will be now.

Dennis, can you show me some example of key which was translated and now appears in english?
I'd like to track them

Best!
thumbnail

these are a couple of keys of Blog Web module that I have had translated and now are in english and I have found because I still have an offline translation file.

receive-a-notification-when-someone-adds-a-new-blog-entry-in-a-blog-you-are-subscribed-to
receive-a-notification-when-someone-updates-a-blog-entry-you-are-subscribed-to

Another way to recognize this cases is reviewing the "unchanged" keys.
thumbnail
Daniel Sanz,修改在8 年前。

Thanks Denis,

I was delaing with an issue in the sync logic and I think those keys are part of this.

Did the very same key belong to that project in your old offline file? Could you paste it please?

Cheers
thumbnail

These are the files I've compared.
The former was the offline file on 14th Jan 2016 (before the bunch pootle update). The latter an offline saved on 18th Jan 2016.

HTH
Denis.
thumbnail
Daniel Sanz,修改在8 年前。

Thanks Denis,

I think this info will be useful for me.

I'll try to recover those translations but first I need to know why not all projects updated from templates correctly.

Best
thumbnail

Hi Daniel,

in the meanwhile, as the number of new keys to translate is not trivial, the translators can still carry on using pootle safely ?

Thanks,
Denis.
thumbnail
Daniel Sanz,修改在8 年前。

Hi Denis,

yes they can. We take pootle DB backups before any sync operation. In addition, IT makes regular snapshots of the pootle DB.

I've identified some keys which seems to have taken the English translations across all languages. Some of them denote things that are untranslatable like "Google" but other ones have longer texts that have to be translated. Fortunately the number is quite low.

Best
thumbnail

Hi Daniel, excelent!

About the new bunch of keys/projets to translate, since pootle doesn't send any alert,
I think it should be useful inform translators about it and give them a new date to get languages translated. WDYT ?

Do you think there will be other new languages updates ?
thumbnail
Daniel Sanz,修改在8 年前。

Hi Denis,

I'll try to publish a list of keys that should be reviewed, along with the English translation and the project they beliong to. Unfortunately, there is no "search by key" functionality in pootle so the only viable choice is to search either by "source" (English value) or "target" (localized value)

Regarding language updates, it really depends on how many changes are left before releasing. We don't expect big changes but there can be, in that case I'd resync.

I can send a message for you guys to know that a new sync from master to pootle took place.

Best!