留言板

How to give a "User" "Add to Page" perms defined in a Site Template/Role

thumbnail
Marcus Howarth,修改在8 年前。

How to give a "User" "Add to Page" perms defined in a Site Template/Role

New Member 帖子: 12 加入日期: 13-12-2 最近的帖子
Hi,

I thought this should "just work" but I'm so far unable to see the permissions working for my User.

What I need is a User (without Power User role) to be a member of a group that can add any of a restricted list of portlets (in this case our own ones developed in house) to a page. Below I've reproduced with a fresh install to demonstrate, it gives a similar outcome to my dev env, basically even with a permission set up the user doesn't see any portlets to add.

Firstly, made use of the Clean up Permissions which removes all the Add to Page permissions from User and Guest.

Then:
Created the User Group (Editor group)
Created the Role (Editor role) and Assign Members > User Groups : Editor group
Created a Site Template, one page has permissions where Editor role can Update *
Created a Regular Organization (Test Org) with a Organization Site, create site with Private Pages that implements that template
Created a User (editor user without Power User) which belongs to the Editor group and the Test Org

Edited the Editor role --> Define Permissions : Site Administration > Applications > pick a portlet, select "Add to Page" permission.

Then edit the editor user with a temp password, logout, login as user.

I'd expect to navigate, as this new user, to My Sites, and see the page with the Add to Page permission and be able to add the portlet defined in the Editor role

Actual outcome is I don't see a way to edit the page, there is no "+" icon.
* Even though the site template has Update permission on this page

Any idea which steps I'm missing to allow the User to have access to add this single portlet on this page?

thanks in advance!
thumbnail
Emma Liu,修改在8 年前。

RE: How to give a "User" "Add to Page" perms defined in a Site Template/Rol

New Member 帖子: 9 加入日期: 12-3-29 最近的帖子
Hi Marcus,

You may try adding the following permission to 'Editor role':
Site Pages > Page: Update

Before adding portlet into page, this user should have permission to update this page. For example, I added the following two permissions to this role and the user who has this role will be able to add 'web content display' into page.'

Site Pages > Page: Update All Sites Remove
Web Content Display: Add to Page

Emma
thumbnail
Marcus Howarth,修改在8 年前。

Hi Emma,

thanks for suggestion. How are you adding this permission to the role?
Site Pages > Page: Update All Sites Remove

I only see "Update" 's on the Define Permissions tab for Site Administration > Pages > Site Pages

Marcus
thumbnail
Emma Liu,修改在8 年前。

Sorry for the confusion, Marcus. It should be "Site Pages > Page: Update". I accidentally copied the other two columns.

Thanks,
Emma
thumbnail
Marcus Howarth,修改在8 年前。

Must need something else as the user doesn't see a way to add anything to the page even with the

Site Pages > Page: Update
thumbnail
Emma Liu,修改在8 年前。

Hmm... I double checked my testing configurations and didn't find any other configurations which might make it work. I uploaded a video about my configurations. You may check it out.

Thanks,
Emma
Markus Keinz,修改在7 年前。

New Member 帖子: 3 加入日期: 16-9-2 最近的帖子
Hi Marcus,

have you already tried to assign a user directly to "Editor Role" and not through the user group?

I have a similar problem trying to set permissions by a role and user group assignments. Assigning users directly to the role without user group get the things working for me (as a workaround).

I assume this is a bug in the current Liferay version and can only be fixed with an update: https://issues.liferay.com/browse/LPS-61319

Markus
thumbnail
Marcus Howarth,修改在7 年前。

Hi Markus,

Yes, that is exactly what we have done as a workaround. Where we want the update user permission applied the role needs to be given to the user directly.

Thanks for the link to the related issue, looks like it's fixed in LR v7

thanks
Marcus