留言板

Liferay 6.2 SP13 issue not in SP12

thumbnail
Clint Wilde,修改在8 年前。

Liferay 6.2 SP13 issue not in SP12

Junior Member 帖子: 39 加入日期: 13-3-5 最近的帖子
I have a custom hook that runs perfectly in Liferay 6.2 SP12, SP11 and SP9, but fails in SP13.

No other custom code is deployed whatsoever, except this custom hook.

I am looking for what was changed between SP12 and SP13 which could be causing this error.

Seeing 2 negative results:
1. Getting javascript error in the console: Uncaught TypeError: Liferay.provide is not a function
2. All the text fields on forms don't allow me to put my cursor inside them to add text.

I've reviewed the release notes for SP13 and only found a few items related to javascript, but hoping someone more familiar with this fix pack can give me some insight.

Any insight at all is appreciated!
thumbnail
Juan Gonzalez,修改在8 年前。

RE: Liferay 6.2 SP13 issue not in SP12

Liferay Legend 帖子: 3089 加入日期: 08-10-28 最近的帖子
Hi Clint,

the easiest test you can make, just undeploy your hook and check if it can still be reproduced.

Whenever deploying each new SP, fixpack or hotfix, each custom hook should be reviewed to check if the overriding code won't cause any issue to the new SP/fixpack/hotfix code.

Anyway, you can contact Liferay Support so they can help..
thumbnail
Clint Wilde,修改在8 年前。

Thanks Juan for the suggestion to contact support. If I don't get this resolved quickly myself, I'm going to do that.
thumbnail
Olaf Kock,修改在8 年前。

Liferay Legend 帖子: 6403 加入日期: 08-9-23 最近的帖子
In addition to what Juan says: If it's a JSP-hook, you'll have to double-check that it's still valid. JSP-hooks are naturally closer to being an implementation-dependent ext-plugin, and a JS problem hints to JSP-level problems. In general, the answer to your question depends on what your hook actually overrides. Start with Juan's suggestions and also check if PatchingTool detects conflicting JSP changes when you install SP13
thumbnail
Clint Wilde,修改在8 年前。

Yes, this is a JSP-hook. I was not aware that I could use the patching tool to detect conflicts. Do you have a link that explains this in more detail?

Also, to Juan's point, I can uninstall it (and replace ROOT dir with original one), the issue goes away.
thumbnail
Olaf Kock,修改在8 年前。

Liferay Legend 帖子: 6403 加入日期: 08-9-23 最近的帖子
I vaguely remember patching-tool to display a warning message when it will patch a JSP that you've also patched. For this to work, you'll need to patch a portal instance that has the hook deployed, so that patching-tool can see your changes. I don't remember if it's "just" an easy-to-miss warning or a full-blown error.

Unrelated, but worth pointing to: There's a native guard in Liferay (starting in 6.2 SP12) so that you can't override the same JSP from two different hooks - as well as my implementation that I still like better.